Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AECOM – Technical Services is seeking a Project Manager to be based in our Carlsbad, NM location. The Project Manager will be responsible for overall operation of a project/contract to include the safety and well-being of its employees, safeguarding company funds and property, and generally represents the company with respect to the customer.
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.Responsible for overall planning and execution of a project/contract to include the safety and well-being of its employees, safeguarding company funds and property, and generally represents the company with respect to the customer.
|1.||Working under the supervision of a senior PM or above, demonstrate and provide project leadership in their area of responsibility.|
2. Using site and customer approved project management processes (e.g. DOE O 413.3B), establish a project baseline, execute in alignment with that baseline, monitor performance, anticipate issues and initiate corrective action, and deliver project in alignment with customer expectations.
|3.||Identify project risks and opportunities, analyze the issues using all appropriate resources, develop alternatives, and arrive at the most optimum approach to eliminate/mitigate risks or exploit opportunities.|
|3.||Ensures development and adherence to the project Work Breakdown Structure, Asset Management, and Workflow Management elements.|
|4.||Expand the Project Execution Plan for subsequent phases (Project Initiation, Project Execution, Construction, etc.) and communicates and coordinates the implementation of the enhancements with the project team.|
|5.||Establish, track, and report status against key performance indicators or contractual metrics/milestones on a routine basis.|
|6.||Participate in the establishment of project organizational structure in support of proposal efforts.|
|7.||Demonstrates command of the schedule goals, key milestones, and approach to the work embodied in the schedule.|
|8.||Ensures that a firm scope-based schedule baseline is established and properly resourced.|
|9.||Demonstrates knowledge of the schedule tools, procedures, and work process. Manages performance and progress against the plan and ensures accurate forecasts with commensurate action plans.|
|10.||Reviews, reports and manages key performance measures defined within the contract. Implements corrective measures when measures are outside service levels or bandwidths.|
|11.||Consistently meets or improves upon the established schedule goals in their area of responsibility.|
|12.||Works with Business Development to increase scope of services on existing contracts.|
|13.||Supports or conducts formal presentations to clients and/or management.|
14. Communicates effectively with internal and external stakeholders to represent the project and enable successful delivery
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test and background.
- Relocation benefits are available for this position.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction, Project, Facility Management or other relevant discipline or demonstrated equivalent.
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Proficient in KPIs and how they are calculated
- Knowledge of CPI, SPI and EAC
- Understanding of Primavera P6 including familiarity of schedule logic, predecessor and successor logic links, and critical path analysis.
- Experience with analyzing monthly variances along with mitigation strategies for these variances
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications
- Organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required
- Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance
- Position requires travel
- Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
Management Services Group (MS)
United States of America
USA - New Mexico
US - Aiken, SC (PS) – 2131 S Centennial Drive, US - Oak Ridge, TN - 105 Mitchell Road