Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Career Preparation Specialist
Responsible for providing training to students in accordance with approved curricula during the Career Preparation Phase.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Promotes a positive and desirable atmosphere within the classroom/training environment, ensuring maximum student motivation and outcomes: records daily attendance integrates math, reading, and writing concepts with employability, and Career Success Standards, designs instruction to meet individual student needs, maintains a high degree of discipline within the training area, submits necessary schedule change information.
- Designs curriculum within Job Corps guidelines to ensure students’ are prepared for their academic and career technical training.
- Ensures curriculum developed is sufficient for students to pass all tests and certifications within CTT Program. Conducts classes that explain test preparation and study skills.
- Develops and implements Career Success Standards projects.
- Submits ESPs in a timely manner, documents student progress for inclusion on the ETA 640 profile.
- Administers accurate completion of the Training Achievement Records (TAR) in a timely manner.
- Documents student’s progress in case notes at least monthly.
- Completes a monthly Accommodation Effectiveness Review for each student with a documented accommodation.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all equipment assigned to the classroom is properly accounted for and maintained in good condition.
- Participates in Career Mentoring Team.
- Provide support to the Career Development Services System (CDSS) department to ensure student job readiness.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Social Sciences
- Valid state driver’s license.
- CPR certification.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Teaching certification in the state in which the Center is located with K-12 endorsements
- One year of teaching experience.