Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Corps’ mission is to assist eligible youth to connect to the labor force by providing comprehensive and integrated academic, career technical, workforce preparation and independent living skills and support services leading to: Successful careers in in-demand industry sectors or occupations or the Armed Services that will result in economic self-sufficiency and opportunities for advancement; Enrollment in postsecondary education, including an apprenticeship program leading to long-term attachment to the labor force; and Responsible citizenship.
Summary of Duties:
Performs maintenance duties and other grounds keeping, landscaping and custodial duties; performs routine and emergency cleanup.
Description of Duties:
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Performs maintenance functions: Completes work orders in a timely and efficient manner. Performs preventative maintenance as required and necessary. Oversees Work-based Learning students.
- Ensures proper equipment use and maintenance: Uses Facilities Maintenance equipment including power tools, lawn equipment, ladders and other items as necessary. Cleans, sanitizes, and ensures equipment is maintained in good working order. Notifies supervisor when repairs or replacements are needed.
- Maintains required records: Maintains vehicle, equipment, work order logs and other records as necessary. Prepares inventories as necessary.
- Completes custodial and grounds keeping duties as assigned: Strips, cleans and waxes floors, moves furniture, equipment etc. Empties trash cans. Cuts grass, trims shrubbery, plants and waters flowers, buses, and grass. Shovels snow, spreads salt. Ensures that all areas are clean, clutter- and debris-free, and completes other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a safe work environment: Ensures that all safety procedures are followed by him/herself, other staff, students and visitors.
- Assists in the development of students’ Career Success Standards: Ensure that students receive proper information on being safe and secure in an independent living environment. Ensure that the students’ behavior is appropriate on and off center.
- Supports the CDSS initiatives: Develops and implements a productive Work-based Learning program to include the development of students’ social and employability skills. Explores innovative ways to incorporate Facilities Maintenance into the academic, CTT, and leisure time learning program. Establish Center-wide events for students and staff that promote cleanliness and maintenance of property and grounds. Must be responsive to students’ needs, abilities, and conduct.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED. Two years of related experience.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
Valid state driver’s license, OSHA 10 Certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen, sit, stand, and walk; to reach with hands, arms, as well as use hands to finger, handle or feel, to taste and smell. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include; close, distance and peripheral vision.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of what employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.