Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Corps’ mission is to assist eligible youth to connect to the labor force by providing comprehensive and integrated academic, career technical, workforce preparation and independent living skills and support services leading to: Successful careers in in-demand industry sectors or occupations or the Armed Services that will result in economic self-sufficiency and opportunities for advancement; Enrollment in postsecondary education, including an apprenticeship program leading to long-term attachment to the labor force; and Responsible citizenship.
Summary of Duties:
Responsible for a professional level of student support to ensure increased student demonstration of Career Success Standards and other pertinent skills which lead to students’ orderly separation from the Job Corps program.
Description of Duties:
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Operates dormitory area, coordinates services, conducts counseling and resolves problems, and assists students in their daily living needs. Meets at least weekly with assigned students. Students’ incidents are managed to protect all individuals from harm. Ensures that individual meetings with students address issues, express plans to resolve problems. Notifies other staff to coordinate services by memo, phone, or personal conversation. These actions are documented in student files. Provides guidance and assistance for daily living in group setting.
- Maintains students’ files and dormitory areas. Maintains students’ files to include electronic and hard copy, presents an up-to-date history of the services provided to ensure the student is successful in the attainment of both long- and short-term goals. Regular entries are made in dorm logs and other necessary documents to indicate the conditions of dorms during rounds.
- Ensures that residences are attractive, clean, safe, and in good repair. Dormitory inspections in assigned areas must meet or exceed expectations consistently. Environmental Health Inspections must average 95% or above. Work orders are completed in a timely manner to ensure all furniture, equipment, etc. is in good repair. Documents relevant information in dorm logs as events occur and transmits the information from each shift to the next.
- Provides students with Independent Living program training as well as other Career Success Standard training. Develops and implements training to ensure students receive successful knowledge and application of Independent Living and Career Success Standards. Provides individual and group lessons or project assignments after the training day and on weekends to help students master competencies in all standards with clearly established performance levels for these activities.
- Evaluation of student progress. Completes evaluations for students at least every 60 days and/or as special evaluations as requested. Ensures that students establish SMART goals and implement a plan so that they meet or exceed goals and expectations.
- Ensures student accountability: Students’ accountability information is submitted accurately and within established time frames. Monitors students’ accountability to include leaves, attendance and AWOL retrievals. Maintains contact with all students who are in AWOL status and makes every attempt to retrieve them from this status.
Education and Experience
High school diploma. Associates degree preferred. Experience working with youth.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
Valid state driver’s license;
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen, sit, stand, and walk; to reach with hands, arms, as well as use hands to finger, handle or feel, to taste and smell. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include; close, distance and peripheral vision.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of what employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.