Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Officer- On call
Job Corps’ mission is to assist eligible youth to connect to the labor force by providing comprehensive and integrated academic, career technical, workforce preparation and independent living skills and support services leading to: Successful careers in in-demand industry sectors or occupations or the Armed Services that will result in economic self-sufficiency and opportunities for advancement; Enrollment in postsecondary education, including an apprenticeship program leading to long-term attachment to the labor force; and Responsible citizenship.
Summary of Duties:
Protects and ensures the welfare of students, staff, facilities, grounds and equipment. Assists drivers in transporting student to and from off-Center appointments and other destinations as assigned.
Description of Duties:
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Ensures safety and security of students, staff and facilities: Makes physical inspections and security checks of grounds and facility. Reports fires and assists in suppressing fires. Responds to and investigates Center intrusion. Controls disturbances and assists staff in de-escalating volatile situations. Ensures students’ civil rights are not violated.
- Maintains reporting system: Completes required security logs, documents and records accurately and in a timely manner. Must be responsible for signing visitors in and out at the Visitors’ Center. Completes investigations and documents information accurately and in a timely manner. Maintains timely and accurate vehicle and transportation logs and records.
- Drives Center vehicles as necessary: Transports students as assigned. Demonstrates helpful, responsible, and caring attitude. Picks up and delivers materials as directed. Reports vehicle repair needs to supervisor.
- Maintains a safe work environment: Ensures that all safety procedures are followed by him/herself, other staff, students and visitors.
- Assists in the development of students’ Career Success Standards: Ensures that students receive proper information on being safe and secure in an independent living environment. Ensures that the students’ behavior is appropriate on and off Center.
- Supports the CDSS initiatives: Develops and implements a productive Work-based Learning program to include the development of students’ social and employability skills. Explores innovative ways to incorporate safety and security into the academic, CTT, and leisure time learning program. Establishes Center-wide events for students and staff that promote safety and security learning. Must be responsive to students’ needs, abilities, and conduct.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED, Associates degree preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
Valid state driver’s license; CDL Class B with Passenger endorsement preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen, sit, stand, and walk; to reach with hands, arms, as well as use hands to finger, handle or feel, to taste and smell. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include; close, distance and peripheral vision.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of what employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.