ALBANY MOLECULAR RESEARCH, INC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Plant Mechanical Engineer in Albuquerque, NM at AMRI
at ALBANY MOLECULAR RESEARCH, INC
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3S0M16MPFQ9FPJ8C7Z
Plant Mechanical Engineer
Albany Molecular Research Inc. provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Engineering Department provides the capacity to manufacture pharmaceuticals in an efficient, timely, and safe manner, thereby contributing to the profitability of the business unit by maintaining or modifying/replacing all utility, facility, and production equipment and systems. The Plant Mechanical Engineer will work with and support Plant Electrical Engineering, Plant Automations and Controls and Plant Maintenance Operations as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help develop and manage multiple facilities projects from conception through construction
- Able to define, prioritize and achieve realistic, specific goals and objectives
- Meet deadlines while handling multiple priorities
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, administrative staff, managers in different departments and outside contractors
- Provide technical support/guidance for the plant mechanical systems
- Understand the facility HVAC system and components, their function, how they work and dealing with the associated interdependent systems to include: plant boiler operation / steam system, chilled water systems, and heated water
- Capable of technical support of plant compressed air, nitrogen, and process vacuum to include design, modifications, upgrades, and support
- Familiar with the NFPA 85 Boiler and Combustion Systems Hazards Code, NFPA90A and NFPA90B Standard for installation of HVAC Systems, NFPA 91 Standard for Exhaust Systems
- Operation of energy management systems, HVAC systems, temperature controls, and process control systems in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Schedule, manage and review the work of outside engineering firms as well as outside contractors for equipment, facilities, utilities and other work
- Ensure that activities stay within the budgetary guidelines
- Identify and initiate projects for facility improvements within the guidance established
- Produce/Support engineering documentation efforts
- Ensure planning and tracking of all assigned projects
- Provide specifications and cost estimates for major equipment acquisitions
- Assure that facility engineering drawings and associated documentation (including work orders and ECOs) are effectively and compliantly completed, updated, and maintained
- Other duties as assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.