ALBANY MOLECULAR RESEARCH, INC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager Lead in Albuquerque, NM at AMRI
at ALBANY MOLECULAR RESEARCH, INC
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3N7TX69JZHWHXLGJJD
Project Manager Lead
Albany Molecular Research Inc. provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Project Manager Lead is responsible for the overall project management function, providing leadership, coordination, and management of the PM processes and functions. This position supervises the team that provides project management support functions and administrative support to project managers. The individual must be able to effectively manage, lead, assign work, and problem solve both technically and managerially in a dynamic manufacturing setting. The individual functions as a combination customer advocate and site liaison between all functional departments. The individual must be able to lead the department in order to meet the business needs of the facility without compromising AMRI’s expected level of compliance and exceptional customer focus. The individual is well versed in nearly all of the various businesses, financial, and technical activities required for the department to thrive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop project forecast, driving the new project introduction process, mentoring project managers
- Hold site assessment meetings, review quotations and customer-specific technical documentation
- Lead project assessment activities for new product proposal evaluations with key responsibilities around assuring full scope of project is identified and captured in initial quote
- Ensure that project activities, milestones and deliverables are well planned by the project managers
- Identify and correct issues that hinder the function and success of the project managers and their projects
- Review deliverables and sub-plans within the groups, including technical milestones, compliance strategy and billable scopes of work vs. quotes and MSA
- Assign new contract tasks and completion dates to team members as appropriate, maintaining workload schedules and projections
- Effectively manage all project managers at AMRI ABQ that are associated with customer related projects.
- Direct and establish the departmental objectives of the project management team for AMRI ABQ.
- Develop and control departmental budgets for project management
- Ensure project management team fosters communication and cooperation between multiple departments working on the same project to achieve timely completion or project, including sharing of information and increasing awareness of project flow
- Direct and establish the smooth and efficient flow of resources between departments to assure the efficient completion of customer projects
- Create and maintain a project review process as part of the close out of each project using common KPI’s and project summaries
- Facilitate all key project meetings and departmental project review meetings on a regular basis
- Ensure that the Gantt charts are created and maintained for purpose of tracking the timely completion of multidisciplinary projects
- Ensure there are regular updates on manufacturing project completion dates to the finance department for the purpose of financial reporting
- Work as a customer advocate, keeping projects focused on meeting the needs of the customer, as well as ensuring regular and open communications with the customer
- Recommend and implement methods to increase the quality of products and/or services
- Participate in self-development activities and training of others
- Other duties as assigned
This position is responsible for supervision of project managers.