Aleut Management Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Aleut Management Services
The Operations Supervisor directs the full range of functions pertaining to the operation of the GEODSS site at Socorro, NM. The Operations Supervisor oversees all facets of operations to include accomplishing mission taskings, scheduling crews, coordinating with higher headquarters, standardizing operations, developing operations procedures, ensuring crews are trained, creating and disseminating reports, logging and compiling operational data, and coordinating standardized operations among the sites along with supporting security, safety, and quality programs. The Operations Supervisor assists the other GEODSS sites. The Operations Supervisor achieves and maintains qualification and proficiency in operating optical sensors to fulfill the GEODSS sensor mission taskings. The Operations Supervisor performs multiple additional duties and other duties as assigned by the Site Manager.
- Manages and directs GEODSS operational mission activities providing 16/7 operations of the GEODSS site.
- Provides guidance and direction to Aleut personnel, subcontractors, and all site personnel in executing operations for the site.
- Maintains open communications with the Government at all times.
- Construct site operations shift schedules
- Compile and maintain daily and monthly operational records
- Input GEODSS system performance anomalies using Joint Deficiency Reporting System (JDRS), as needed. JDRS is a government software package.
- Schedule site preventative maintenance using Combined Capability Assessment Scheduling (CCAS), as needed. CCAS is a government software package.
- Prepare reports and written operating instructions
- Support Government inspections, evaluations, exercises, visiting teams, and operations meetings.
- Support the other GEODSS sites and sustainment contractor.
- Supports the site quality, environmental compliance, and hazardous material programs.
- Successfully completes operator certification per the Operations Instruction Standard in order to conduct nightly operations of sensors to ensure mission accomplishment.
- Additional duties
- Primary COMSEC Responsible Officer (CRO: learn operation of cryptographic equipment; ensure all necessary COMSEC materials are on hand.
- Training Coordinator: schedules, tracks and monitors initial and recurring personnel training. Validates and implements operations training and development of employees to ensure personnel maintain technical competence.
- Verify visitors have appropriate security clearances using the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS). Comply with all security and safety procedures. Generate, post, and maintain site security documents.
- Other duties as assigned by site manager.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Associates degree is highly desired.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in the management of complex technical operations functions.
- Space surveillance experience is highly desired.
- Personnel supervision is highly desired.
- Familiar with 16/7 operations.
Security Clearance: Secret security clearance is required.
Work Schedule: Day or Night as required.
Travel: Less than 5% of time