Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CDL Driver (Class A), Carlsbad, NM
At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a hard day’s work. If you are looking for a great work environment, great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career, please read on!
*Home nights and weekends – no overnight or weekend travel*
Make deliveries to customer job sites while adhering to all safety procedures. Load inventory on truck and unload at customer site.
- Performs routine inspection of vehicle and supplies to ensure road safety.
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for traffic and/or construction.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Delivers merchandise to customer and contacts customer if they are not present.
- Loads truck with daily merchandise to be delivered as well as unload merchandise for customer.
- Pulls orders to match manifest.
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to resolve customer issues.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Class A - Operate vehicle with GVW over 26,000 pounds not in combination, or transport hazardous materials that require placarding.
- Proper licensing relative to equipment.
- Forklift certification.
- HazMat certification may be required.
- Although preferred, experience using a Moffett is not required.
We offer an excellent pay and benefits that includes:
- Excellent medical, dental, life and disability insurances
(k) with company match
- Tuition assistance
- Paid holidays and vacation
Check us out on the web at www.anixter.com for more information.
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran