Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Inside Sales Representative, Carlsbad, NM
At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a hard days work. If you are looking for a great work environment, great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career, please read on!
Responsible for generating new sales opportunities via phone, email or other electronic communication. Respond to customer order and quotation requests received via outside salespersons, telephone, e-mail, written, and faxed correspondence. This position will also work in the warehouse approximately 30-40% of the time.
* Prospects for new sales opportunities. Generates leads via outbound calling and e-mail.
* Provides pricing and delivery information.
* Procures and maintains inventory. Monitors to ensure proper inventory turns.
* Performs follow-up to ensure timely shipment of materials and customer satisfaction.
* Resolves customer service issues. Tracks open sales orders.
* Maintains strong working relationships with vendors.
* Will perform various warehouse duties during periods of the week included but not limited to receiving, shipping, picking, driving a fork lift, etc.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
We are looking for candidates with:
* Experience selling in an inside sales environment and/or demonstrated success working with customers.
* Experience supporting utility end-users preferred
* Experience supporting contractors doing work in the utility space preferred
* Experience with inventory sales preferred
* Proficiency in Excel
* Degree preferred
About Anixter – Who We Are
We enable the connected world. From securer facilities and communities, to more efficient networks and industrial environments, we deliver the infrastructure solutions—and intelligence—that sustain our customers businesses. Through our superior product offerings, unmatched global distribution network, expert supply chain management and technical know-how, we drive efficiency and effectiveness to benefit our customer’s bottom line.
Anixter International is a leading global distributor of Network & Security Solutions, Electrical & Electronic Solutions and Utility Power Solutions. We help build, connect, protect and power valuable assets and critical infrastructures. From enterprise networks to industrial MRO supply to video surveillance applications to electric power distribution, we offer full-line solutions, and intelligence, that create reliable, resilient systems that sustain businesses and communities. Through our unmatched global distribution network along with our supply chain and technical expertise, we help lower the cost, risk and complexity of our customers’ supply chains.
Anixter, with over $7 billion in annual revenue, adds value to the distribution process by providing our customers access to 1) innovative supply chain solutions, 2) over 450,000 products and $1.2 billion in inventory, 3) approximately 320 warehouses/branch locations with approximately 9 million square feet of space and 4) locations in over 300 cities in more than 50 countries.
* Medical, Dental and Pharmacy plan eligibility after 60 days
* Access to virtual doctor for common illnesses. Get advice from a doctor without leaving your home!
* Annual health screenings available at no cost to you
* 401k with 50% company match
* Vacation time
* Holiday pay
* Employee preferred provider discounts through PerkSpot.com
* Tuition reimbursement
* Employee Referral Program – Big $$$ for referring great employees!
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life insurance programs
* Short and Long Term Disability programs
* Health saving options
* Many more benefits available!
Check us out on the web at www.anixter.com for more information.
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran