B&D Industries, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST & RECRUITER
at B&D Industries, Inc.
The Human Resources Generalist manages the recruiting process for all positions. To contribute to the delivery of a seamless and effective HR operational service, through the provision of high quality administrative services. The HR Generalist is the first point of contact for enquiries and therefore is an important role acting as an ambassador for the department and gateway for the service responsible for ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction. The HR Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with Human Resources Manager, Operations Manager, and Sr. Vice President. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, interviewing, testing and referring applicants for clerical, technical, administrative and management positions throughout the company. This position must possess considerable skill in interviewing techniques, a good knowledge of all clerical and specialized functions in the company, a basic understanding of the company's organizational structure as well as an extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices. Major responsibilities will include partnering with the HR Manager on recruiting strategies, sourcing candidates for open positions through cold calling, networking, internet searches, reviewing databases for potential candidates, as well as high school and college recruiting efforts. The HR Generalist is also responsible for participating in employee retention and satisfaction efforts, as well as planning/scheduling and facilitating team building events.
· Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
· Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, students/interns and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; and writes and places advertisements.
· Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
· Source candidates through research, periodicals, internet and any other current resources available.
· Maintain database of leads in HR Bird Dog.
· Maintain relationships with potential candidates.
· Partner with Human Resources Manager to develop new recruiting strategies and clarify talent needs within the team.
· Build best practices and procedures for hard to fill positions.
· Network at various local events including high school and college recruiting fairs.
· Acts as liaison with area employment agencies and advertising agencies.
· Screen and interview potential candidates via phone interview and/or in person.
· Guide candidates through interview process.
· Conducts reference checks on potential candidates.
· Issues Predictive Index assessments to potential candidates.
· Maintain consistent positive flow of communication between candidates and leadership.
· Manage applicant tracking system in HR Bird Dog, including reporting on various recruiting metrics.
· Create and manage job postings in HR Bird Dog and on social media with the Business Development team.
· Effectively utilize creative methods to source hard to find talent.
· Effectively utilize and implement current sourcing technologies and a commitment to learn in the technology environment.
· Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values and employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding requirements and expectations for recruiting efforts.
· Perform new hire orientation and ensure quality onboarding to new office staff. Will serve as backup to orientation for field staff as needed.
· Follows up with the related clerical aspects of employment, such as completing of health, employment and insurance forms.
· Ability to successfully contribute to the strategic direction of the company through innovation and continuous improvement.
· Ability to effectively utilize and implement technology and a commitment to learn in the technology environment
· Strict adherence to professional ethics.
· General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
· Maintains employee referral program.
· Perform initial research related to employment claims/grievances as needed.
· Provides company representation at unemployment hearings.
· Creativity in developing and implementing morale boosting events, activities and/or gifts for employees
· Networking with active employees.
· Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Plan & Manage Multiple Activities
High Integrity & Trust
Strong Communication (written/verbal)
Attention to Detail
Analytical & Research Ability
High Level of Confidentiality
The noise level is moderate and work generally is in an office setting and possible outside working conditions. Less frequent exposure to high noise levels associates with construction equipment.
Use hands and fingers, handle or feel, talk or hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full-Time 40 hours. May require more than 40 hours per week depending on project needs and deadline objectives. Monday through Friday and occasional work on weekends depending on time sensitive deadlines of projects.
Rare but may require occasional travel to project sites, other business office locations.
Education and Experience
Minimum Associates degree in relevant field, Bachelors or higher degree preferred. Minimum 2 years HR management experience. Relevant certificate or work experience may substitute for the degree.
MS-Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Phone, Fax, Copier, Scanner, Calculator
HR Bird Dog
May be required if specific project requires special access otherwise, none required.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Additional duties and responsibilities may apply.