Bering Straits Native Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tactical Athlete Coach
at Bering Straits Native Corporation
Visit our website at www.beringstraits.com to apply!
Global Asset Technologies (GAT), a subsidiary of Bering Straits Native Corporation is seeking a Full-time Tactical Athlete Coach for the new preparatory program for the Air Force Battlefield Airmen Training Group located at Kirtland AFB, NM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed for this position, and are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coaches will prepare military students in: Running, swimming, agility and required physical training. This will include guidance and application of physical preparedness and training techniques for the Physical Screening Test, to include but not limited to swim stroke development with and without fins, water confidence, running, and lower and upper body development.
- Coaches will be required to maintain a high degree of personal fitness and lead by example in this area. One of the primary duties involves administering the Physical Screening Test (PST) to all applicants. Therefore, the coaches shall maintain a level of fitness to inspire applicants.
- *Coaches will be required to pass a physical screening test to include:
- 500 yard swim, sit-ups, Pushups, Pull-ups and a 1.5mile timed run
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- B.S. or B.A. degree with focus in Health and Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or related field or physical fitness leader in a similar field.
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid Certification.
Run Coaches: Competitive running experience from a USA sanctioned Club or College competition team.
Swim Coaches: Competitive swimming experience from a USA sanctioned Club or College competition team, Level 3 American Swimming Coach (ASCA) Certified
Strength and Conditioning (S&C) Coaches: Professional or collegiate level sports experience with one of the following certificates: Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), Certified Cross-fit level 3 trainer (CF-L3), Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach with Distinction (RSCCÂ®*D) is desirable.
- Must be task oriented, self-motivated and have the ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and work as team member as well as a team lead.
- Must be able to work independently with little direction.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with staff, other departments
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to provide directions.
- Ability to work in fast paced and compliance driven environment.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in the English language.
- Must be a steady, reliable worker.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of sound competitive skills and technique within your discipline (running, swimming, S&C) and the ability to implement and teach these skills in a positive, healthy manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to coach candidates in core strength building and cardiovascular conditioning.
- Strong writing and verbal communication, organizational, and leadership skills. Job requires teaching various blocks of instruction to include: nutrition, mental performance, flexibility, and other courses with fitness in mind.
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking and comprehension).
- Must have the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks with little or no supervision.
- Must have advanced abilities in current versions of MS Office (Word, Excel, Adobe and Outlook).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires a high level of physical fitness as outlined in the job requirements above. Successful applicant must meet the Physical Screening Test.
This position requires the ability to maneuver around and see, hear, and verbally communicate with co-workers and contractors. Visual acuity to review written documentation and ability to hear and understand speech at normal room levels.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position requires working in doors, outdoors and in a pool. Must be able to maintain health in hot and cold conditions with exposure to the elements.
- No supervisory responsibilities
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results to obtain access to military base. Must have reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must be able to obtain access to military installations.
- Must have reliable transportation to/from work, a necessity, and must be able to obtain access to military installations.
- This position may be subject to random drug and or alcohol testing on an unannounced basis.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ AA/ Male/ Female/ Disability/ Vets employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.
Visit our website at www.beringstraits.com for more details and to apply.