Bernalillo Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Bernalillo Public Schools
Job Title: ELEMENTARY TEACHER
Reports To: BUILDING PRINCIPAL
General Job Description:
At the applicable licensure level, the elementary teacher will provide guidance and instructional experiences that are academically and developmentally appropriate for each student assigned to that classroom.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately demonstrate knowledge of the content area and approved curriculum.
- Appropriately utilize a variety of teaching methods and resources for each area taught.
- Communicate with and obtain feedback from students in a manner that enhances student learning and understanding.
- Comprehend the principles of student growth, development, and learning, and apply them appropriately.
- Utilize student assessment techniques and procedures.
- Manage the educational setting in a manner that promotes positive student behavior and a safe and healthy
- Recognize student diversity and create an atmosphere conducive to the promotion of positive student
- involvement and self-concept.
- Demonstrate a willingness to examine and implement change, as appropriate.
- Work productively with colleagues, parents, and community members.
- Meet professional requirements and responsibilities.
- Supervise paraprofessionals assigned to your classroom.
- Comply with Ethical Responsibility of the Education Profession Standards of Professional Conduct and Code of Ethics.
- Complete other tasks as deemed appropriate by the immediate supervisor and/or the superintendent.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate accurate and up to date information to students in a way that enhances student learning.
- Manage time appropriately.
- Cooperate with administration, parents, and co-workers.
- Create a positive atmosphere and arrange the physical environment of the classroom for optimum learning.
- Prepare for instruction and show written evidence of preparation.
- Take precautions to protect equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by the school district, and report progress or lack thereof to parents in a timely manner.
- Attend and participate in onsite and district meetings.
- Complete duties (hall, bus, etc.) as assigned.
- Leave adequate preparations for a substitute.
- Develop and implement appropriate classroom management strategies while maintaining high expectations for student behavior.
- Encourage cooperation between students.
- Maintain student involvement in appropriate tasks.
- Use and apply appropriate conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrate public relations skills.
- Use appropriate techniques, strategies, and materials to achieve the desired instructional goal.
- Adapt the curriculum to meet the needs of individual students.
- Use current technology for instruction and management purposes.
- Use data to improve instructional program.
- Be available to parents, students, administration, and peers outside the school day, if needed.
- Report suspected child abuse and neglect.
- Be responsible for students on field trips.
- Act as a good role model within the context of the school.
- May supervise paraprofessionals, practicum students, and student teachers.
- Develop and use appropriate community and professional resources.
- Demonstrate concern for student's well-being and positive self-esteem.
- Understand and participate in the development, use, and implementation of individualized education plans (IEP's) and individualized transition plans/504 plans, including making necessary modifications.
Students in class(es)
- TESOL Endorsement or willingness to get endorsed preferred
- Excellent classroom management
- Willingness to work together as a team to help all students at the school be successful
- Willingness to work K-3 Plus for at least 14 days of program
- Required to have a valid K-8 or B-3 Teachers license with NMPED
- Required to pass a background check.
Sitting, standing, lifting, and carrying (up to 50 pounds), reaching, climbing, squatting, kneeling, and moving light furniture may be required.
Safety and Health:
- Child Abuse/Substance Abuse Workshop
- Bloodborne Pathogens Standard Training
Must know how to properly operate, or be willing to learn to operate, multi-media equipment including current technology as needed.
Must be able to work within various degrees of noise, temperature and air quality. Job responsibilities require both inside and outside assignments. Interruptions of work are routine. Flexibility and patience are required. Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignments without direct supervision. Occasional after hour work may be required. Sitting, standing, lifting and carrying (up to 50 pounds), reaching, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, and moving light furniture may be required.
* All BPS Positions Subject to Funding
Job Contact Information
Monday, September 30, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)