Bloomfield School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
4th Grade Teachers
at Bloomfield School District
2019-2020 School Year
Naaba Ani Elementary School
4th Grade Teachers
General Job Description:
The Elementary Teacher will provide guidance and instructional experiences that are academically and developmentally appropriate for each student assigned to that classroom.
Contract Days: 185
Contract Hours: 7
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. Valid New Mexico teaching license with endorsements as needed.
Sitting, standing, lifting and carrying (up to 50 lbs.), reaching, squatting, kneeling and moving light furniture may be required.
A. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The teacher accurately demonstrates knowledge of the content area and approved curriculum.
- The teacher appropriately utilizes a variety of teaching methods and resources for each area taught.
- The teacher communicates with and obtains feedback from students in a manner that enhances student learning and understanding.
- The teacher comprehends the principles of student growth, development, and learning and applies them appropriately.
- The teacher effectively utilizes student assessment techniques and procedures.
- The teacher manages the educational setting in a manner that promotes positive student behavior and a safe and health environment.
- The teacher recognizes student diversity and creates an atmosphere conducive to the promotion of positive student involvement and self-concept.
- The teacher demonstrates a willingness to examine and implement change as appropriate.
- The teacher works productively with colleagues, parents, and community members.
- The teacher follows board policies and administrative rules and regulations.
- The teacher will work with the special education teacher(s) to design and implement the IEP of any special needs student assigned to that classroom.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
1. Communicate accurate and up-to-date information to students in a way that enhances
student learning and includes demonstrating effective writing skills, and use of standard
2. Manage time appropriately.
3. Cooperate with administration, parents, and co-workers.
4. Create a positive atmosphere and arrange the physical environment of the classroom for
5. Prepare for instruction and show written evidence of preparation.
6. Take precautions to protect equipment, materials, and facilities.
7. Maintain accurate and complete records as required by the school district, and reports
progress or lack thereof to parents in a timely manner.
8. Attend and participate in faculty and training meetings.
9. Complete duties (hall, bus, etc.) as assigned.
10. Leave adequate preparations for a substitute.
11. Develop and implement appropriate classroom management strategies while maintaining
high expectations for student behavior.
12. Encourage cooperation between students.
- Maintain student involvement in appropriate tasks.
- Use and apply appropriate conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrate public relations skills.
- Use appropriate techniques, strategies, and materials to achieve the desired instructional goal.
- Adapt the curriculum to meet the needs of individual students.
- Use current technology for instruction and management purposes.
- Use diagnostic data to improve instructional programs.
- Select, use, and interpret evaluation data.
- Is available to parents, students, administration and peers outside the school day, if needed.
- Attend extra-curricular activities.
- Spend time beyond the school day grading, recording papers, planning instruction, etc.
- Report suspected child abuse and neglect.
- Responsible for students on field trips.
- Act as a good role model within the context of the school.
- May supervise educational assistants, practicum students, student teachers, and high school vocational lab students.
- Develop and use community and professional resources.
- Understand and apply learning theories.
- Accept other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Demonstrate concern for student’s well-being and positive esteem.
Must be able to work within various degrees of noise, temperature, and air quality. Interruptions of work are routine. Flexibility and patience are required. Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignments without direct supervision. After hour work may be required. May make site or home visits when needed and appropriate.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of this position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, March 28, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)