Bloomfield School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part-Time AutoCad/Drafting Teacher
at Bloomfield School District
General Job Description:
The Computer Drafting and Design Instructor is responsible for providing quality instruction to students by ensuring student satisfaction through the classroom or laboratory setting according to the program objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The teacher accurately demonstrates knowledge of the content area and approved curriculum.
- The teacher appropriately utilizes a variety of teaching, methods and resources for each area taught.
- The teacher communicates with and obtains feedback from students in a manner that enhances student learning and understanding.
- The teacher comprehends the principles of student growth, development, and learning, and applies them appropriately.
- The teacher effectively utilizes student assessment techniques and procedures.
- The teacher manages the educational setting in a manner that promotes positive student behavior and a safe and healthy environment.
- The teacher recognizes student diversity and creates an atmosphere conducive to the promotion of positive student involvement and self-concept.
- The teacher demonstrates a willingness to examine and implement change as appropriate.
- The teacher works productively with colleagues, parents, and community members.
- Follow board polices and administrative rules and regulations.
- The teacher demonstrates an understanding of and implementation of safe materials
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate accurate and up-to-date information to students in a way that enhances student learning and includes demonstrating effective writing skills and use of standard English.
- Manage time appropriately.
3 . Cooperate with administration, parents, and co-workers.
4 . Create a positive atmosphere and arrange the physical environment of the classroom for optimum learning.
5 . Demonstrate concern for student's well being and positive esteem.
6 . Prepare for instruction and show written evidence of preparation.
7 . Take precautions to protect equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by the school district and reports progress or lack thereof to parents in a timely manner.
- Attend and participate in faculty and training meetings.
- Complete duties (hall, bus, etc.) as assigned.
- Leave adequate preparations for a substitute.
- Develop and implement appropriate classroom management strategies while maintaining high expectations for student behavior.
- Encourage cooperation among students.
- Maintain student involvement in appropriate tasks.
- Use and apply appropriate conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrate public relations skills.
- Use appropriate techniques, strategies, and materials to achieve the desired instructional goal.
- Adapt the curriculum to meet the needs of individual students.
- Use current technology for instruction and management purposes.
- Use diagnostic data to improve instructional programs.
- Select, use, and interpret evaluation data.
- Is available to parents, students, administration, and peers outside the school day, if needed.
- Attend extra-curricular activities.
- Spend time beyond the school day grading, and recording papers, planning instruction, etc.
- Report suspected child abuse and neglect.
- Is responsible for students on field trips.
- Act as a good role model within the context of the school.
- May supervise educational assistants, practicum students, and student teachers.
- Develop and use community and professional resources
- Understand and apply learning theories.
- Accept other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- A Bachelors Degree.
- A valid Mew Mexico teaching license.
Sitting, standing, lifting and carrying (up to 50 pounds), reaching, squatting, kneeling, and moving light furniture may be required.
Must know how to properly operate or willing to learn to operate all multimedia equipment including current technology.
Must be able to work within various decrees of noise, temperature, and air quality. Interruptions of work are routine. Flexibility and patience are required. Must be self- motivated and able to complete job assignment without direct supervision. After hour work may be required.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
Job Contact Information
Friday, September 20, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)