Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instrument & Control Technician - Hobbs, NM
- Job Tracking ID: 512238-694128
- Job Location: Hobbs, NM
- Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
- Level of Education: High School/GED
- Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
- Date Updated: October 21, 2019
- Years of Experience: 5 - 7 Years
- Starting Date: ASAP
Under the general direction of the O&M Supervisor, the I&C Technician will perform maintenance, repairs and modifications to the plants instrumentation, controls and electrical systems and other associated equipment. The I&C Technician will provide expertise to maintenance and operations personnel in the operation and maintenance of these same systems.
- Tests, maintains, calibrates, programs and/or troubleshoot (with the appropriate test equipment) instrumentation and controls system components and peripheral devices utilizing schematics, vendor manuals and procedures.
- Tests, maintains and troubleshoot (with the appropriate test equipment) low voltage electrical system components and devices utilizing schematics, vendors manuals and procedures.
- Provides accurate detailed work history for reporting, data inputting and archiving.
- Evaluates and recommends equipment and techniques to cost effectively improve plant and maintenance department reliability//efficiency.
- Participates in the development of standard operating procedures for routine functions and provide training to other technicians.
- Participates in the development of preventive maintenance procedures for maintaining system hardware.
- Responsible for the safe operation of company owned vehicles.
- Participates in a rotating night/weekend call-out program & periodically works scheduled and un-scheduled night and weekend assignments.
- Periodically work in adverse conditions such as rainy, hot/humid and cold weather conditions.
- Other duties as directed by Supervision.
- Participates in and implements safety programs to minimize personnel injury and property loss.
- Participate and complete the Maintenance Qualification Program requirements.
- Works occasionally on assignments at facilities other than their own, including outside of the Lea County area.
Experience and Skills:
- High School diploma, or the equivalent in training or experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ combined experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting electrical, instrumentation and controls systems, circuit boards, pressure, flow and temperature sensing devices in an industrial setting, or the completion of a recognized apprenticeship program.
- Other skills required include knowledge of computer systems and software as well as a knowledge of instrumentation and electrical theory and principles, test equipment usage, common and special instrument and electrical tools, safety and good instrument/electrical maintenance practices and techniques
- Driving on company business is a requirement of this position and as such, the incumbent shall have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass company required background check and drug screening, and maintain ongoing good standing and status.
- Performs repetitive and non-repetitive physical duties. Requiring lifts, pushing, pulling, stretching, bending, climbing, working in awkward positions and at elevated heights, and lifting up to 50 lbs.