Carlsbad Municipal Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Educational Sign Language Interpreter
at Carlsbad Municipal Schools
Openings as of 10/14/2019
Student Support Services
- Educational Sign Language Interpreter JobID: 199
- Position Type:
Student Support Services
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
11/27/2017 MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3 hours of language arts/reading or language arts/reading pedagogy
- 3 hours of writing or writing pedagogy
- 3 hours of mathematics or mathematics pedagogy
- 6 hours of reading, writing, and math readiness, or professional education, or classroom management, teaching assistance, or special educatio
1. Associate’s Degree that includes the following courses or 48 semester hours that includes the following courses:
3. Additional qualifications as may be appropriate for a specific position.
4. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
SUPERVISOR: Teacher and Principal
JOB GOAL: To assist the teacher in achieving teaching objectives by working with individual students or small groups and to help students meet the skill levels of the class as a whole.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Works cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors, and administrators.
2. Demonstrates ethical and confidential behavior.
3. Engages in self-development.
4. Follows district policies and administrative rules and regulations.
5. Maintains behavior appropriate to performing and accomplishing assigned duties.
6. Knows what to do to successfully complete assigned work.
7. Projects over-all concern for personal appearance as it relates to job performance.
8. Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of material or skills initially introduced by the teacher.
9. Assists the teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests and abilities.
10. Guides independent study, enrichment work, remedial work, and makeup work set up and assigned by the teacher.
11. Assists with such large group activities as drill work reading aloud, story
telling, and other forms of teaching oral communication.
12. Serves as the chief source of information and help to any substitute teacher
assigned in the absence of the regular teacher.
13. Alerts the teacher to any problem or special information known about an individual student.
14. Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
15. Participates in in-service training programs as assigned.
16. Ensures the safety and well-being of children being transported to and from the school and on field trips on vehicles used by the school.
17. Performs care-giving duties including, but not limited to toileting duties,feeding, pushing wheelchairs, and lifting/transferring student with special needs, as needed.
18. Other duties as assigned by the teacher or principal.