Carlsbad Municipal Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technology Support Assistant
at Carlsbad Municipal Schools
Job Reference #: 201
Openings as of 10/17/2019
- Technology Support Assistant JobID: 201
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- High School diploma or equivalent. May require supplementary coursework and additional training in the use of computers, software.
- Skills to operate standard computer equipment and peripherals, operate various computer software applications, including but not limited to Windows, Internet, and test and troubleshoot hardware/software problems
- Abilities to stand and walk for prolonged periods; install, maintain and support a variety of computer hardware and software products; and perform skilled tasks utilizing some electronic equipment and diagnostic software. Required physical abilities include lifting/carrying, stooping kneeling/crouching, reaching/handling/fingering, talking/hearing conversations, and near visual acuity.
JOB GOAL: To provide assistance for the implementation of technology school-wide and assure maximum operational effectiveness by supporting the use of technology with students and adults.
GUIDANCE: Receives guidance from the Technology Support Specialist
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Install, maintains and troubleshoots computer equipment and related software and coordinates repair with district personnel or commercial vendors if unable to resolve problems.
2. Assists staff with computing questions and/or problems.
3. Assists in the coordination and management of technology resources at the school site for the purpose of promoting appropriate utilization of technology in the educational setting.
4. Maintains an accurate inventory of hardware and courseware at the school site(s) for the purpose of record keeping.
5. Participates in appropriate training opportunities on an ongoing basis for the purpose of maintaining technological competency.
6. Trains staff on software and hardware technology as requested.
7. Communicates effectively with school and District personnel, students, and community for the purpose of maintaining effective school-wide use of technology.
8. Works cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors and the IT Department staff.
9. Demonstrates ethical and confidential behavior.
10. Follows district policies and administrative rules and regulations.
11. Maintains behavior appropriate to performing and accomplishing assigned duties.
12. Projects over-all concern for personal appearance as it relates to job performance.
13. Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisors