City Of Albuquerque
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accountant I M13 (BioPark)
at City Of Albuquerque
- Position Summary
Provide entry-level professional accounting support, including posting data to various ledgers, registers, journals and logs; analyze and review financial transactions in preparation of the Annual Financial Report; perform financial analysis for various programs within the city and perform a variety of accounting functions relative to assigned areas of responsibility.
Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
- Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements
Education and experience directly related to the minimum requirements below may be interchangeable on a year for year basis. Exception: The six (6) required credit hours in accounting are not interchangeable.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, business administration, or finance, to include six (6) credit hours in accounting with a passing grade of a 'C' or better; and
Two (2) years of accounting experience.
Possession of a valid Driver's License.
Possession of a City Operator's Permit (COP) within 6 months from date of hire.
- Preferred Knowledge
- Basic principles and practices of fiscal record-keeping and reporting
- Basic principles and techniques of accounting
- Advanced principles of business mathematics
- Basic governmental accounting principles
- Modern office methods, procedures and computer equipment
- Basic methods and techniques of research and analysis
- Principles and procedures of financial record-keeping and reporting
- Methods and techniques of cash handling
- Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Maintain a variety of financial records and files
- Accurately tabulate, record, and balance assigned transactions
- Operate a variety of computerized equipment including various software and mainframe programs
- Learn the operations, activities and services of a fixed-asset program
- Prepare clear and concise financial reports
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work