City Of Albuquerque
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
City of Albuquerque Director of Transit
at City Of Albuquerque
- Position Summary
This is an unclassified at-will position
This is a safety sensitive position subject to random drug/alcohol testing
The Transit Director works under the administrative direction of the City Chief Operations Officer. The Director will manage, oversee and supervise a wide range of programs and activities within the Department of Transit. The FY20 budget for this department is approximately $56 million and a total of 609 full-time positions. Transit provides fixed route bus services throughout the Albuquerque community and Para-Transit services for the mobility impaired population. The Director is responsible for:
- administering effective and efficient department services in accordance with Federal, state and local regulations;
- implementing short-term and long range strategic plans, department goals, objectives, polices and priorities;
- developing and administering the department budget, recommend and approve expenditures and implement adjustments as appropriate and necessary;
- managing operations, financial matters and personnel;
- monitoring performance of the Department;
- working with local agencies to provide efficient public services;
- demonstrating continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes; and
- working cooperatively and jointly with City Administration and the public to provide quality customer service.