City Of Albuquerque
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City Of Albuquerque
- Position Summary
Perform a variety of professional engineering duties in support of assigned area of responsibility including either project management of assigned Capital Implementation Programs (CIP) or construction plans review; ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations and perform a variety of tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
- Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or a related field, plus four (4) years of professional engineering experience or a Master's degree in Civil Engineering or a related field, plus two (2) years of professional engineering experience.
Possession of a valid Driver's License.
Possession of a City Operator's Permit (COP) within six (6) months from date of hire.
Possession of a valid Professional Engineer (PE) license.
If applicant has an out of state PE license, must obtain State of New Mexico license within one (1) year from date of hire.
- Preferred Knowledge
- Principles and practices of professional engineering
- Principles and practices of traffic engineering
- Principles and practices of construction
- Methods and techniques of contract negotiation
- Methods and techniques used to review and approve various engineering plans and specifications
- Principles of business letter writing and analytical report preparation
- Principles of technical writing
- Pertinent Federal, State and local codes, laws and regulations
- Regulations, codes, ordinances and best practices in the field of traffic engineering
- Regulations, codes, ordinances and best practices in the field of engineering
- Proposed Guidelines for Pedestrian Facilities in the Public Right-of-Way (PROWAG)
- Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Standards for Accessible Design
- Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Perform a variety of professional engineering duties in support of assigned area of responsibility
- Oversee assigned project construction activities
- Review a variety of engineering plans and specifications for compliance with applicable codes and regulations
- Determine solutions to assigned construction project problems
- Prepare a variety of clear and concise analytical reports
- Utilize computer programs and software relevant to assigned area
- Respond to requests and inquiries from the general public
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work