City Of Albuquerque
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Kitchen Aide B13 - 30 Hours
at City Of Albuquerque
- Position Summary
Participate in meal service activities within the Department of Senior Affairs; assist in the preparation and distribution of food and perform a variety of technical tasks in support of assigned area of responsibility.
Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
- Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements
High school diploma or GED preferred.
Food preparation experience preferred.
Possession of a valid Driver's License.
Possession of a City Operator's Permit (COP) within 6 months from date of hire.
Possession of a valid C.P.R. Certificate within six (6) months from date of hire.
- Preferred Knowledge
- Basic operations, services and activities of a meal service program
- Basic techniques of food preparation
- Basic principles and procedures of proper food handling and sanitation
- Principles and procedures of first aid and C.P.R.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices
- Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations
- Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Participate in the preparation and distribution of hot meals
- Develop and maintain a current knowledge of safety awareness and recommended daily allowance nutritional requirements
- Interpret and follow recipes for food preparation
- Respond to requests and inquiries from the general public
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation