City Of Albuquerque
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Motorcoach Operator Q00
at City Of Albuquerque
- Position Summary
Operate a Transit bus over an assigned route on a time schedule; pickup and transport passengers and discharge them at destination in a safe and courteous manner; properly monitor fare collection; demonstrate appropriate public relation skills in public interactions.
This is a safety sensitive position subject to random drug/alcohol testing.
Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
- Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements
- High School diploma or GED or successful completion of three (3) WorkKeys® Skills Assessments (listed below).
- One (1) year of experience in customer service dealing with the general public.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possession of a valid driver's license for the past two (2) continuous years.
- Must provide a current driving record obtained within the last six (6) months.
- Workplace Documents Information with a minimum score of Level 4
- Graphic Literacy with a minimum score of Level 3
- Workplace Observation with a minimum score of Level 2
Additional requirements needed after successful completion of hire:
Possession of a valid City Operator's Permit (COP) within six (6) months from date of hire.
Possession of a valid New Mexico Commercial Driver's License (CDL) class B with Passenger (P) endorsement within a two (2) week period from completion of City training.
Must be able to maintain CDL once obtained.
Must pass U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) physical exam and required drug testing.
Must successfully complete Motorcoach Operator training.
Preferred experience in business related driving in delivery/sales or in the transportation of passengers.
- Preferred Knowledge
- Use of air brakes
- City streets and roads
- Operational characteristics of equipment relative to assigned vehicles
- Principles and practices of customer service
- Principles and procedures of record keeping
- Standard safety practices and potential hazards related to the operation of assigned vehicles
- Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Learn the operations, services, and activities of a public transportation program
- Drive in adverse weather conditions
- Maintain proper certifications
- Complete required reports
- Respond to requests and inquiries from the general public
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation