City Of Albuquerque
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Adjuster E15
at City Of Albuquerque
- Position Summary
Investigate, negotiate, adjust and settle the most complex claims filed against the City including workers compensation claims and/or general liability claims; apply knowledge of applicable laws and policies to determine disposition of claims and perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned areas of responsibility.
Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
- Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements
Education and experience directly related to the minimum requirements below may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration, or risk management; and
Four (4) years of claims adjusting experience.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:Possession of a valid Driver's License.
Possession of a City Operator's Permit (COP) within six (6) months from date of hire.
Possession of a valid New Mexico Adjuster License within 30 days from date of hire.
- Preferred Knowledge
- Operations, services and activities of a claims settlement program in general liability
- Operations, services and activities of a claims settlement program in workers compensation
- Rules and regulations governing general liability claims review, processing and settlement
- Rules and regulations governing workers compensation claims review, processing and settlement
- Methods and techniques of investigating general liability claims
- Methods and techniques of investigating workers compensation claims
- Methods and techniques of data collection, research, and analysis
- Modern and complex principles and practices of claims administration
- Advanced mathematical principles
- Medical and legal terminology
- New Mexico Tort Claims Act
- New Mexico Workers Compensation Act
- Methods and techniques of evaluating personal or property loss
- Principles and practices of conducting interviews
- Principles and procedures of record keeping
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Official Disability Guidelines (ODG)
- Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, AMA Guides
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations
- Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Investigate, analyze and evaluate personal or property losses
- Investigate, analyze and evaluate workers compensation claims
- Gather, organize, compile and summarize data
- Independently perform the most difficult claims review functions
- Negotiate claims settlements up to an authorized limit
- Determine proper and fair claims settlements
- Recommend the settlement of assigned claims in accordance with applicable laws and policies
- Interpret medical reports and assess appropriateness of care
- Maintain confidentiality of work
- Maintain accurate records and prepare clear and concise reports
- Interpret, explain and enforce department policies and procedures
- Interpret and apply pertinent federal, state and local codes, laws, regulations and guidelines
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work