City of Las Cruces
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Las Cruces
- Nature of Work
Fulltime regular, non-exempt position that under general supervision will facilitate the logistical support of designated city fleet and building(s). Coordinates the repair and maintenance of all equipment, vehicles and facilities, performs inventory management, and ensures smooth operations.
Work is performed in a standard office environment with occasional work outdoors. May be subject to all weather and potential risks. Moderate physical work; occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to forty-five (45) pounds; includes long periods of standing, walking, and sitting; occasional crawling, climbing, bending and stooping. Position involves competing demands, performing multiple tasks, working to deadlines, frequent work beyond normal business hours, and responding to customer issues. Regular attendance is an essential function of this job to ensure continuity of services. Position is subject to drug testing in accordance with applicable State and Federal regulations and City of Las Cruces policies.
First consideration may be given to current City of Las Cruces employees who meet the minimum requirements.
Meeting or exceeding the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an invitation to participate in the process.
This posting will be used to fill a current vacancy within the Las Cruces Police Department.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists, supports, and facilitates the success of the department by operating within the chain of command to accomplish various work tasks; understands the functions within the department and makes decisions to enhance operations and functionality.
- Coordinates, facilitates, and monitors repair and maintenance of vehicles, fleet, and other equipment; collaborates and works with department staff and facilities staff to ensure all necessary items are addressed and fully operational; coordinates the shuttling or transportation of units.
- Organizes, maintains, and monitors the condition of the uniform cache including bunker or other applicable gear; orders and distributes new and repaired uniform items.
- Manages the department's emergency medical supply cache; assists with purchasing, ordering, and distributing of various medical or other applicable supplies and equipment.
- Ensures the proper operation, maintenance, and organization of the department's computer, radio, Knox Box, and other applicable inventory; facilitates the update, repair, and replacement of items as needed.
- Performs station/facility visits on a regular basis; delivers, inventories, and restocks supplies, equipment, and mail; inspects facilities, evaluates status, and identifies the need for repairs; inspects fleet units to evaluate status and repair needs.
- Assists, supports, and participates in general office duties of the department; prepares and submits various budgetary, purchasing, and tracking reports as needed or requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required to enhance the logistical success of the department.
- Minimum Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent PLUS two (2) years of experience in fleet, facility or inventory supply operations. A combination of education, experience, and training may be applied in accordance with City of Las Cruces policy.LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
Valid driver's license is required. Position requires an acceptable driving record in accordance with City of Las Cruces policy.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of: principles, practices, techniques, activities, rules, standards and regulations related to the operations and functions of the position and services provided; current principles of record keeping and records management; principles and practices of effective research methods and data analysis, customer service, and problem resolution techniques; occupational and environmental safety and health hazards, and safety practices; safe and effective use and maintenance of related tools, materials, and equipment; current methods and standards for preparing effective business correspondence; correct English usage, grammar, composition, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary; business and personal computers and related software applications; City organization, operations, policies, and procedures to effectively perform the required functions and duties of the position.
Ability to: perform a variety of duties and responsibilities and assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands to meet deadlines; ensure appropriate levels of customer service to achieve expectations and meet objectives; read, understand, and assure compliance with a variety of policies, procedures, rules, standards, and regulations governing related activities and functions; collect applicable information and maintain accurate and timely records; maintain confidentiality of information and data; communicate effectively orally and in writing and use interpersonal skills to sufficiently exchange or convey information and receive work direction; prepare and present accurate and reliable information and reports; establish and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the public; safely and effectively operate relevant tools, equipment, and motorized vehicles; navigate across even and uneven surfaces; timely and accurately enter data and update records using various mediums and formats; take initiative and exercise sound independent judgment within established procedural guidelines and carry out primary responsibilities in accordance with all governing regulations, statutes, and procedures to ensure achievement of goals and objectives.
Skills in: reading, understanding, and applying relevant rules, ordinances, codes, regulations, policies, and procedures; effectively managing assignments; responding to inquiries timely and within the scope of delegated authority; responding appropriately, maintaining objectivity and freedom from prejudice, and exercising sound judgment and understanding in all interactions; effectively working independently, or as a team member, in various environments with changing priorities; preparing and presenting various reports, documents, forms, and correspondence; researching information, analyzing data, maintaining accurate records, and updating information in various mediums and formats; operating a personal computer with installed generic and specialized software; preparing and presenting information in a clear and concise manner; demonstrating appropriate and effective interpersonal communication and conflict resolution skills; performing highly effective support in assigned areas.