Community Options, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Community Options, Inc.
Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 10 states.
We are seeking a Medical Coordinator in Albuquerque and Santa Fe, NM. This role will provide support to both regions. The Medical Coordinator uses best practices and technology to organize the administrative aspects of patient care and provide non-medical support to nurses and Individuals. The Medical Coordinator organizes and monitors the assessment and treatment planning process; the delivery and follow-up of patient care; and assures that the appropriate service plans are followed. This individual also serves as an advocate and liaison for and on the behalf of the Individuals.
This is a full-time position with the hourly pay of $12.
- Ensure that patient information is obtained correctly and filed properly
- Coordinate the multi-faceted operations of a medical office
- Schedule patients for appointments and complete paperwork, Track follow up appointments
- Take telephone calls and provide callers information
- Provide direction on collecting patient co-pays or deductibles
- Maintain Medical Records
- Handle medical data entry and processing requests
- Order medical and office supplies as they run low
- Maintain medical files
- Participates in Circle(s) of Support for personal futures planning.
- Attends conferences, and training as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Nurse
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Successful completion of required training.
- Flexibility to deal with people at a variety of levels, both internally and externally.
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Excellent crisis and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to establish a comfortable and supportive relationship with a person receiving supports.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (weight of average manual wheelchair when chair is empty).
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma (or equivalent).
- 2 years related administrative or Small Medical experience.
REQUIRED LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATES
- First Aid, CPR, OSHA, and SCIP course within first 90 days of employment, and any required residential or state training.
- Community Options, Inc. orientation.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Work a flexible schedule as determined by supervisor.
- Work will take place in community and residential settings.
- Occasional overtime required.
- While performing the duties of the job, employee travels by automobile, and is exposed to changing weather conditions.
- May occasionally assist with wheelchair transfer of non-ambulatory participants.
- May be exposed to various medical conditions and communicable diseases.
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: Kassy.Kitchens@comop.org
Please Visit Our Website to Complete an Online Application!
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer