Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Connections Academy
New Mexico Connections Academy (NMCA) is a tuition-free, virtual public school serving students in grades 4–12 throughout the state. The school is authorized by the New Mexico Public Education Commission, and governed by an independent Governing Council. The school is operated by New Mexico Connections Academy, a government entity, to provide its educational program and other services. NMCA is accredited by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement, an accrediting division of AdvancED.
Working from our office in Santa Fe, New Mexico, the Assistant Principal will work collaboratively with the Principal. The Assistant Principal will manage all of the site-based, non-academic school operations. Additionally, this individual will work closely with key centralized service centers including Enrollment, Technical Support, Materials Management, Fulfillment, Finance, Human Resources, Payroll and Facilities Management. It is also anticipated that this individual will manage a range of special projects.
- Manage the implementation of the proven Connections Academy operational protocols;
- Support the CFO in managing the school’s budget and various grants;
- Oversee student accounting functions including attendance maintenance and tracking and assisting with payment collection;
- Manage receipt, storage and maintenance of local student records.
- Manage reconciliation between Connections Academy’s data systems and state and local student information systems;
- Provided local support for facilities acquisition and maintenance;
- Act as the human resources liaison for school staff in the areas of benefits, leave tracking and the maintenance of local files;
- Act as the technology liaison for teachers and administrative staff;
- Monitor regulatory compliance and support preparation for legislative and financial audits in collaboration with the Manager of Internal Audits;
- Monitor all enrollment requirements and communicate requirements to the Enrollment Department;
- Provide state testing support including logistics for scheduling, tracking participation and contracting for testing facilities;
- Support contracting for supplemental student services;
- Monitor and track all school-based assets;
- Support the Marketing Department with student outreach, marketing and public relations;
- Stay current on the state’s policies, procedures and legislation;
- Be available to handle all emergencies; and
- All other duties as assigned.
- New Mexico Administrator License Required, Level 3B
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Some operational or logistics experience and/or administrative or management experience
- Relevant advanced degree is preferred, MBA is a plus
- Education experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Technologically proficient (especially with Microsoft Office products)
- Experience in managing people a plus
- Ability to travel as-needed