County of Bernalillo
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bernalillo County Security Aide
at County of Bernalillo
- Position Summary & Duties Responsible
Under general supervision, the Bernalillo County Security Aide (CSA) will perform a variety of routine public safety duties to include but not limited to; assist in police emergency calls, investigate minor accidents, report and verify abandoned vehicles, accept and process complaints in person and over the telephone, ensure security of restricted areas, provide information and assistance to the public, enter and retrieve information, complete reports and forms, provide crowd and/or traffic control, and will perform other related duties and responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES SUMMARY
- Respond to in support of sworn officers, police calls, emergency medical calls and reports of crime investigations.
- Investigate minor accidents, control traffic by directing drivers and enforce parking regulations.
- Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property; inspect buildings, equipment, and access points permitting entry.
- Conduct screening of personnel to ensure compliance with operating basic security equipment such as x-ray machine, hand wands at all screening checkpoints; may apply mechanical restraints such as cuff and/or leg irons.
- Contact law enforcement in cases of urgent security issues; conduct searches for materials that may jeopardize the safety of persons and the security points.
- Monitor person flow through screening checkpoints to ensure order and efficiency to include crowd control.
- Notify supervisor or other appropriate personnel when security breaches occur.
- Write routine police reports for incidents such as theft, missing persons, stolen automobiles, vandalism and petty larceny.
- Perform security assessments for safety hazards on county properties and facilities.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned or required.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED, plus six months (6) security/safety/law enforcement experience is preferred.
- Ability to learn traffic laws and parking codes, proper report writing procedures and basic concepts of safety.
- Ability to perform certain routine law enforcement functions in accordance with department rules and regulations.
- Ability to develop positive interpersonal relationships with supervisors, others in the department and the general public.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in emergency situations.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English.
- Physically able to perform duties which may involve direct physical contact with other persons in performance of duties.
- Supplemental Information
SCREENING AND COMPLIANCE
The offer of this Bernalillo County position requires compliance with the following:
- Must be 18 years of age and a citizen of the United States.
- Must possess and maintain a valid New Mexico driver's license.
- Must pass the attached physical fitness assessment.
- Must pass an extensive background investigation, the Bernalillo County pre-employment medical examination, and audio and eye tests.
- Must comply with Bernalillo County Safety Policy requirements.
- Must pass a written and oral board examination.
- Shiftwork required, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Essential duties are performed either outdoors, indoors, out in the field or in a climate-controlled environment.
- Worker is exposed to natural weather conditions when performing outdoor duties. Working in adverse weather conditions is required.
- Worker is exposed to intermittent noise and vibration factors, particularly while in the squad car.
- Outdoor duties are performed on paved or dirt roads, concrete, natural ground, ice or snow. Surfaces may be wet or dry. Work surfaces may be even or inclined.
- Indoor working surface is even and may be carpeted or tiled.
- Worker may perform duties alone, both with and without directions from supervisor. Some duties are performed as part of a select team.
- Shift work required.
- Work hazards include a potential for physical confrontations or exposure to chemical agents; and operation of a motor vehicle.
- Equipment typically used in the performance of duties include a county vehicle, handcuffs, collapsible baton, chemical agent, two-way radio, flashlight, fire extinguisher, flares, first aid kit and security detection devises (such as x-ray detector, camera and monitors).
- Materials and products typically handled in the performance of report writing duties include a wide variety of forms and paperwork, reports, various writing utensils and a wide assortment of other basic office supplies and materials.
BERNALILLO COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT COUNTY SECURITY AIDE MODIFIED PHYSICAL AGILITY TEST
The following is a PHYSICAL FITNESS ASSESSMENT for the position of County Security Aide. All applicants must pass this portion of the testing process before continuing to the next phase of the process.
The following is a MODIFIED PHYSICAL AGILITY TEST for the position of County Security Aide. All applicants must pass this portion of the testing process before continuing to the next phase of the process.
Applicant will be required to pass the following physical tests:
1.5 Mile Run in 15:20
Push-ups - 29/minute
Sit-ups - 31/minute
COUNTY OF BERNALILLO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER