County of Bernalillo
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corrections Technician Supervisor
at County of Bernalillo
- Position Summary & Duties Responsible
Assign, review and participate in the work of staff responsible for the maintenance and management of central records, inmate property, and video services. To monitor work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures; to perform administrative and technical tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in planning, prioritizing, assignment, supervision, review and participate in the work of staff responsible for Correction's department central records, property and visitation services.
- Establish schedules for Corrections property, records and visitation services; ensure there is appropriate staffing for shifts
- Participate in the implementation and compliance of policies and procedures; monitor work activities to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Train and evaluate Corrections Technicians; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; initiate discipline.
- Review and analyze Judgment and Sentence orders; extract essential information, calculate and determine judge authorized pre-sentence confinement time, mandatory time, probationary time and other court ordered circumstances.
- Evaluate court ordered dispositions and other court related documents; coordinate the release and/or transfer of an inmate as per court mandate.
- Coordinate unit activities with other agencies, maintain records and calendars; ensure proper documentation received.
- Perform technical and complex tasks of the unit including identifying opportunities and methods for improved service delivery methods.
- Prepare clear and concise reports as well as analytical and statistical reports on unit operations and activities.
*The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of all employees assigned to this job.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Associates degree in business, records management or a related field, plus two (2) years of record management experience including one (1) year of technical lead or supervisory experience in an administrative capacity OR a combination of post-secondary education and/or training totaling four (4) years of record management experience, including one (1) year of technology lead or supervisory experience in an administrative capacity.
- Must have knowledge of security issues, operations and activities of a corrections program.
- Ability to supervise, organize and review the work of staff.
- Must have skill in the use of computers to generate reports and maintain records.
- Ability to utilize discretion and independent judgment. Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Must have the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, in oral and written English.
- Must have the ability to analyze hazardous situations in a rational, mature and confident manner and to act effectively; to remain calm and effective under stressful situations.
- Must have the ability to interact effectively and professionally with administration subordinates co-workers, inmates and the general public.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to write reports containing technical information.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, subordinates, County officials, and the general public.
- Supplemental Information
Screening and Compliance
The offer of this Bernalillo County position requires compliance with the following:
- Employee must successfully complete the post-offer employment medical examination and background investigation.
- Employee must comply with the safety guidelines of the County.
- The majority of essential duties are performed indoors in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Outdoor duties are sometimes required in performance of essential duties and worker is exposed to natural weather conditions while performing outdoor duties.
- Worker may be exposed to intermittent noise and vibration, a variety of fumes and odors, contagious diseases and potentially hostile and dangerous situations.
- Indoor working surface is even and may be carpeted or tiled.
- Indoor surfaces are typically dry and may involve the use of stairs.
- Outdoor surface may be even or uneven and may be wet or dry.
- Outdoor duties may involve the use of stairs or ladders and may be performed on inclines or hills.
- Outdoor surfaces may include natural ground, asphalt, or concrete.
- Work hazards or potential work hazards include those of a correctional facility environment with exposure to noise and dangerous situations that could involve serious bodily injury and other health hazards.
- Employee may be required to work a flexible schedule.
Equipment, Tools and Material
- Equipment typically used to perform administrative duties include the telephone, computer, telefax machine, typewriter, photocopy machine, and pager.
- Worker may handle first aid and oxygen equipment on an occasional basis.
- Materials and products typically handled in the performance of administrative duties include a wide variety of forms and paperwork, reports, various writing utensils and a wide assortment of other basic office supplies and materials.
COUNTY OF BERNALILLO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER