County of Bernalillo
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Internal Only - Records Technician II
at County of Bernalillo
- Position Summary & Duties Responsible
Under the supervision of the assigned supervisor or designee, this position will lead, train and orient lower level staff as assigned. This position will also perform moderately to highly complex detailed clerical/technical duties which include but are not limited to: accepted records processing methods and computer-assisted equipment, effective and efficient interactions with public and staff, detailed research, effective decision-making, accurate and timely execution of cash handling transactions, documents and forms in accordance with New Mexico State statutes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES SUMMARY
- Lead and train lower level staff to perform moderately complex detailed clerical and technical coverage and customer service support in the areas of: Customer Service, Data Entry, Maps and Filing and Recording. Communicate daily with supervisor or designee on section activities and assignments.
- Perform moderately to highly complex detailed clerical and technical coverage and customer service support in the areas of: Customer Service, Data Entry, Maps and Filing and Recording.
- Receive, research, process and/or file various cash handling transactions, documents and forms in an accurate, timely, and efficient manner in accordance with New Mexico State statutes, policies, procedures, and strict departmental standards.
- Respond to inquiries in person, in writing and over the telephone in a courteous and exemplary manner. Draft routine correspondence on behalf of the Clerk's Office in formal business letter and electronic mail formats.
- Assist in audits and verification of work in process.
- Pick-up, process and distribute large volumes of inter-office and incoming mail.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED plus five years office/clerical experience; or any related
- combination of education from an accredited college or university or related experience totaling five (5) years. Related education and experience may substitute for the required education and experience and may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
- Work experience as a lead and/or trainer preferred.
- Must be able to carry out work assignments in an ethical manner while using effective judgment.
- Ability to work in an office environment where work processes are governed by statutes and strict administrative guidelines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English.
- Ability to interact effectively and efficiently with the public, co-workers and other County employees.
- Skilled in computer use for work processing, data entry and retrieval.
- Ability to draft routine business correspondence.
- Supplemental Information
SCREENING AND COMPLIANCE
The offer of this Bernalillo County position requires compliance with the following:
- Employee must successfully complete the post-offer employment medical examination and a background investigation.
- Employee must comply with the safety guidelines of the County.
- All essential duties are performed indoors.
- Duties are performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Duties are performed on an even surface, which may be carpeted or tile. Working surface is typically dry.
- Worker often works alone either with or without directions from supervisor .
- Train and leads lower level staff in the performance of their duties.
- Equipment typically used in the performance of office duties include telephone, computer terminal, computer printer, computer keyboard, typewriter, photocopy machine, fax machine calculator, microfilm equipment and postal equipment.
- Materials and products handled in the course of performing essential duties include files, forms, reports, various other paperwork and a wide variety of basic office supplies.
COUNTY OF BERNALILLO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER