County of Bernalillo
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Public Arts Project Coordinator
at County of Bernalillo
- Position Summary & Duties Responsible
Under the general direction of the Office of Community Engagement and Outreach Manager, will perform duties associated with the coordination of Fine Art Projects/Programs. Establish and maintain an effective presence within the Fine Arts community in order to enhance and promote a fine arts educational experience for users of County facilities. Consult, coordinate, and facilitate cultural arts at all County facilities. Assess and maintain the effective use of the County art assets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES SUMMARY
- Responsible for performing various aspects of planning, arts design, coordination with art professionals of art projects. Represent the County at community events, special/business gatherings, and special promotional projects as assigned.
- Assist artists, contractors, builders, and other individuals associated with the planning, design and construction of one percent (1%) for Public Arts improvement projects.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate Public Art project related site improvements including foundation design and construction, engineering of support structures, utilities and other necessary user agency considerations. Act as a liaison between County and project management art related construction projects and community center sites.
- Review proposed projects; analyze justification and potential for procurement; and recommend priorities and implementation methods.
- Perform research and analysis, including cost projections, annual program budget projections and national trends.
- Prepare project budgets, Requests for Proposals and professional services contracts for management review and approval. Implement project pay estimates and change order preparation and documentation.
- Present, review and make recommendations on projects for consideration by boards and commissions; serve as liaison between the planning and construction entities on various projects, the Arts Board and County Management.
- Participate on inter-agency staff teams to create and modify major art projects and construction plans.
- Under the direction of the Office of Community Engagement and Outreach Manager, assist in the preparation of work projects and schedules, and carry out assignments in a timely fashion according to established schedules to meet County requirements.
- Plan inspection schedule, perform on-site inspections as necessary, and coordinate and oversee the maintenance of inspection files.
- Compile information for monthly and annual reports as required.
- Perform other job related duties as required or assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Public Administration, Business, or Community Regional Planning, Fine Arts, or related degree and four (4) years of professional experience in the management research, analysis and/or development of public arts projects; OR any related combination of education from an accredited college or university or related experience in this occupation totaling eight (8) years as listed above may substitute for the required education and experience and may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
- Must have a valid New Mexico Driver's License by date of employment and retain a valid NM driver's license while employed in this position.
- Supplemental Information
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA'S)
- Knowledge and ability to produce plans and specifications.
- Ability to present technical information in clear written, oral, and graphic form to staff, management, and at public meetings.
- Knowledge and ability to prepare project budgets and expenditure reports. Ability to prepare and record all pay requests and change orders for the projects.
- Ability to research diverse technical material, summarize findings and make recommendations based on findings.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and taking corrective actions.
- Ability to read blueprints and understand related documents.
- Ability to interpret ordinances and make unbiased recommendations.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with associates and the public.
The offer of this Bernalillo County position requires compliance with the following:
- Employee must successfully complete the post-offer employment medical examination, including a color acuity test. (Cannot be colorblind.) Must complete a background investigation.
- Employee must comply with the safety guidelines of the County.
- Employee must complete required FEMA training(s) as assigned to position.
- May be required to work evenings and weekends.
- Duties are performed primarily indoors and occasionally outdoors.
- Indoor duties are performed in both temperature controlled and non-temperature-controlled environments. Worker is exposed to natural weather conditions, which may be severe, while performing outdoors duties.
- Worker is exposed to occasional vibration and noise factors while performing building inspection duties at construction sites.
- Indoor duties are performed on even surfaces, which may be carpet, tile, or concrete, and may be either wet or dry. Outdoor duties may be either wet or dry and performed on even or uneven surfaces. Outdoor duties may be performed on surfaces such as concrete, asphalt, natural ground, ice, snow, gravel, or shingled roofs. Stairs, ladders, and scaffolding are used in the performance of outdoor duties.
- Worker may be exposed to fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases and poor ventilation in performance of outdoor duties.
- Potential work hazards may exist and include working in heights and around active construction sites and scaffolding.
- Equipment typically used in the performance of duties include telephone, computer, overhead and slide projector, calculator, photocopy machine, facsimile machine and communication devices and other office machines.
- Worker uses a wide variety of work aids, including construction documents, books, binders and files, hard hat, gloves, tape measure, architectural design materials, and camera.
- County vehicle is used on an as needed basis.
COUNTY OF BERNALILLO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER