Dairy Farmers of America, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Dairy Farmers of America, inc.
Job Reference #: 5000511461506
Job TitleMaintenance Technician
LocationClovis, New Mexico
Perform a variety of maintenance duties including general maintenance, preventative maintenance, equipmentconstruction, welding, electrical trouble shooting, and facility maintenance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all DFA GMP's and work in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory, food safety, quality, andsanitation requirements
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, local, state, and federal regulations
- Ensure the following facility programs are followed: Safety, Food Safety, GMP, Preventive Maintenance, QualityAssurance, and Sanitation
- Help ensure all policies and procedures for the PMO (Pasteurized Milk Ordinance), and Quality AssuranceInternational (QAI organic) are followed
- Firmly adhere to the values and ethics of Dairy Farmers of America. Exhibit honesty, discretion, and soundjudgment.
- Under minimal supervision, perform the duties and responsibilities in one or more of the following areas:
- Perform general maintenance functions in accordance with blueprints, layouts, schematics of circuits andcontrols, and written or verbal instructions
- Exhibit the ability to anticipate parts requirements for the tasks, follow proper purchasing procedures, and acquireparts ahead of anticipated task performance
- Mechanical duties include but are not limited to rebuilding pumps and valves; replacing bearings, belts, sheaves,chains and sprockets; and building maintenance
- Electrical assignments may require installing conduit and wire; installing or replacing control components;installing, testing or replacing electric motors; and troubleshooting electric systems using drawings, schematics,and Programmable Logic Controller status
- Plumbing assignments may include replacement of damaged piping or piping components made of copper,stainless steel, black iron, or plastic. Additionally, installation of plumbing pipes of the various materials listedherein plus valves and auxiliary components may be necessary
- Ensure all paperwork is done correctly and completely at designated intervals-Troubleshoot all facility equipment when needed, both Clovis and Portales staging yards.
- Constantly look for continuous improvement and process improvement-
- Safeguard and protect all company assets in his or her care
- Make decisions in a timely manner
- Anticipate problems and implement solutions
- Demonstrate good judgment in safeguarding customer, company, vendor, and employee information
- Use skills and talent to contribute to organizational success
- Maintain cooperative working relationships and communications with customers, vendors, employees, and peers
- Maintain a well-groomed, professional appearance for the position and the situation
- Perform routine inspections of equipment for assessment of reliability and performance
- May require lubrication or parts replacement or adjustments to equipment
- Perform chemical analysis of water treatment systems and make necessary adjustments to optimize performance
- Inspect wastewater treatment systems and perform tests as necessary to maintain proper performance oftreatment systems
- Demonstrate general knowledge and/or acquire skills necessary to perform stick and TIG welding to build orrepair equipment
- Increase skills to knowledge of and ability to conform to 3A standard
The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is nota complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 6 months of on-the-job experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of welding and basic electricity
- Working knowledge of mechanical power transmission, including the ability to troubleshoot components
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Able to use and understand calculations
- Able to perform routine machine adjustments
- Able to identify problems, take appropriate steps to find solutions to problems, and implement recommended solutions
- Able to present options and ideas to current processes or procedures
- Able to adapt and manage to change effectively
- Able to perform task and duties without constant supervision, self-motivating.
- Able to cooperate with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary and sharing relevant information
- Able to project a professional image
- Able to handle challenging or conflict situations with tact and professionalism
- Able to interact positively and work effectively others (interpersonal skills)
- Able to maintain a positive "can do" outlook and rebound quickly from frustrations or unpleasantness
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English - well enough to prepare and comprehend blueprints, instructions,and complete reports