Deming Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
19-20 SY 1st Grade Dual Lang. Teacher-
at Deming Public Schools
BEGINNING DATE: 2019-2020School Year
SALARY: Appropriate step on salary schedule. BA Degree:
Level 1 Teacher - $41,795.00
Level 2 Teacher - $50,980.00
Level 3 Teacher - $60,930.00
BA/BS Degree (minimum)
Valid/current New Mexico Teaching License with appropriate endorsement.
APPLICATION: IN-DISTRICT: Letter of interest through TalentEd Recruit & Hire Website
OUT OF DISTRICT: Complete application through TalentEd Recruit & Hire Website
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Until Closed
REPORTS TO: Building Principal.
To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible individuals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to district sick leave and personal leave policies.
- Punctual to job assignments and meetings.
- Involved in non-required school activities.
- Maintains physical stamina to meet demands of the job.
- Maintains clear and up-to-date written lesson plans.
- Maintains up-to-date records and reports.
- Relates plans to clearly defined objectives consistent with established curriculum and Educational Standards of New Mexico.
- Previews and has needed materials available.
- Makes effective use of planning time.
- Revises plans based upon student needs, ability levels, and interests.
- Uses test results to diagnose and prescribe what needs to be done to improve a situation, action, or achievement.
- Focuses learning on the next concept beyond that which the student already knows.
- Is familiar with non-academic growth, home environment and adjustment to school.
- Provides effective home/school communication.
- Seeks assistance and advice of professional staff when appropriate.
- Takes advantage of Professional enhancement when available.
- Develops readiness for learning.
- Uses meaningful objectives.
- Uses words and content appropriate to the subject area and ability of students.
- Provides information in a clear and concise manner, using a multi-sensory approach.
- Provides appropriate guided and independent practice.
- Provides prompt and positive feedback.
- Utilizes a variety of questioning techniques.
- Monitors all non-direct teacher activities for their usefulness and appropriateness.
- Evaluates performance on the objectives and then re-teaches or enriches as needed.
- Aids students in developing positive self-concepts.
- Provides the experience needed to extend students' thinking skills.
- Increases the probability of continued student learning through greater motivation.
- Maintains a high level of time on task and redirects students who are off task.
- Establishes and clearly communicates the parameters for student behavior.
- Recognizes and reinforces achievement and good behavior.
- Administers fair and consistent discipline.
- Promotes an environment in which all students feel free to participate.
- Maintains a classroom atmosphere conducive to good health and safety.
- Is aware of physical, emotional, and psychological needs of students.
- Provides an orderly environment.
- Insures proper care of instructional equipment and materials.
Competency in Subject Matter Taught and/or Services Paid:
- Possesses knowledge in assigned grade, subject area or special service.
- Participates in curriculum improvement.
- Continues professional growth through participation in developmental opportunities.
- Joins professional organizations and/or reads professional literature.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
182 days. Salary and benefits commensurate with contractual commitments.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with administrative procedures and established contractual protocols.
19-20 Hard-to-Staff Signing Incentive - $2500.00
Hard-to-Staff Signing Incentives are available for NEW teachers hired in the following areas:
- Bilingual Education
- Special Education
- Math Education
- Science Education
To be eligible for the signing incentive, you must be:
- a NEW teacher who was not employed in any capacity by DPS during the 2018-2019 school year, or
- a currently employed elementary or secondary DPS teacher who obtains an alternative license in Special Education and is hired in a Special Education Position, or
- a currently employed elementary or secondary DPS teacher who applies, interviews and accepts a Bilingual position for the 19-20 school year.
- Must move from a Regular Ed Position to a Bilingual Position
- Must have appropriate licensure and endorsements
Recipients will receive their Hard to Staff Signing Incentive on September 27, 2019.
The incentive will be pro-rated for hires made after the official work calendar start date (August 7, 2019) but prior to September 1, 2019.
Any hires made on or after September 1, 2019 will not be eligible to receive the incentive.
Eligible recipients will forfeit their signing incentive if they are terminated or if they resign their position with the District on or prior to September 27, 2019.
THE DEMING PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, AGE, SEX, MARITAL STATUS OR HANDICAP IN COMPLIANCE WITH FEDERAL AND STATE LAWS
Job Contact Information
Friday, June 28, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)