Dulce Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Elementary 3rd & 4th Grade Girls Basketball Coach
at Dulce Independent School District
Openings as of 10/22/2019
- Elementary 3rd & 4th Grade Girls Basketball Coach JobID: 267
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Dulce Elementary School
- Closing Date:
Open until filled MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current Coaching License issued by NM Public Education Department. Coaches of grades 3-6 are not required to have a coaching license.
- Must pass a background check.
- Prior same sport coaching experience is preferred.
- Demonstrates professional knowledge of game rules and strategies.
- Demonstrates effective methodology in teaching basic skills and position play.
- Demonstrates ability to organize assistant coaches and team personnel for optimum effectiveness at practices and contests.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and compliance with school and NMAA policies, procedures, requirements, and regulations for conduct of the school athletic program.
- Demonstrates the highest standards of ethical conduct, decorum, and sportsmanship, at all times.
- Demonstrates ability to motivate students to achieve in academics and athletics, and to model sportsmanship and exemplary conduct at all times.
- Demonstrates professional knowledge and skill in the safe practice of aerobic and weight training activities, basic first aid procedures (including CPR), and taping techniques to prevent injuries.
- Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain positive and effective communication and inter personal relationships with head coaches, staff, students, administration, parents, community, and media for support of school and NMAA athletic and academic program goals.
- Demonstrates effective supervisory skills and procedures to ensure a safe environment for student participants, and accountability for care of facilities, uniforms, equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain accurate inventories and to prepare and submit reports, requisitions, and other required information in compliance with established school procedures and timelines.
- Demonstrates interest in self-improvement by engaging in on-going professional growth activities.
SUPERVISED BY: Principal or Athletic Director
SUPERVISES: Assistant Coach(es)
POSITION PURPOSE: To provide students with a successful and rewarding athletic experience that fosters leadership and self-discipline and encourages the highest standards of conduct and academic and athletic achievement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: