Eastern New Mexico University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RF Broadcast Engineer
at Eastern New Mexico University
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2466628
Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||RF Broadcast Engineer|
|Salary:||Depends on Qualifications|
|Job Type:||Full time permanent|
|Location:||Main Campus - Portales, New Mexico|
Under general supervision, the Broadcast Engineer will work with electronic equipment associated with the production and broadest of television and radio programming.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Install, maintain and repair (to the component level) a wide variety of transmission and studio equipment use din instructional and broadcast television and radio. This equipment includes, but is not necessarily limited to: FM and TV transmitters and translators, microwave systems, remote control systems, cameras, switchers, graphics systems, editing systems, routing/control systems, audio systems, data networks and computers
• Maintain maintenance records and reports
• Maintain Federal Communications Commission (FCC) logs
• Work with and assist students in an educational environment in the operation of broadcast equipment
• Perform other related engineering duties as needed
|Minimum Job Requirements:|
Must have an Associate of Science (AS) in electronic engineering technology and five years of studio maintenance and RF engineering maintenance experience or the equivalent combination of education and work experience are required. Background in digital systems is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of computer (PC) based systems and understanding of FCC rules and regulations related to broadcasting required
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must have the willingness to work with and assist students
|Physical Demand and Working Conditions:|
• Work is performed both inside in a non-smoking facility and outside in hazardous conditions
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that may require evening and weekend work
• Work is medium in nature with 50 pounds to lift and up to 50 pounds frequently lifted and carried
• Work requires reaching and handling objects or materials with the use of the arms, hands, and fingers; talking or hearing and seeing
|Application Review Date: Open Until Filled |
Condition of Employment: Must pass a pre-employment background check.
Electronic Application Instructions: Electronic applications should be submitted through the "Apply" link on the top of this page. Please attach the following required documents to your electronic application:
Required Documents: Please ensure that you attach all required documents even if you have applied for other positions at ENMU as the committee does not have access to those records.
Letter of interest
Contact information for three references (Blind reference calls may be made on applicants who become a finalist for the position)
Transcripts (unofficial for application purposes)
ENMU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status in its programs, activities, or employment. People seeking additional information about the University's non-discrimination policy should contact the Affirmative Action Officer Jessica Small at (575) 562-2218,. Individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation can call the office of human resources at (575) 562-2115. For any other inquires please contact Human Resources at (575) 562-2115 or e-mail ENMU.HRrecruiter@enmu.edu