Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SR APPLICATION ENGINEER
at Ecolab Inc.
Nalco Water, an Ecolab Company, is seeking a Senior Application Engineer to join its industry leading sales and service team. You’ll partner with Sales Representatives on executing service plans in strategic district accounts and providing customers with problem solving support. You’ll also assist District Sales Representatives with new applications for current customers and with transitioning competitively-held accounts to Nalco Water. This position will require you to build strong relationships with your customer base to generate a high level of customer satisfaction.
What’s in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
- Access to the industry’s most innovative training programs
- A culture that values safety first, including training and personal protection
What You Will Do:
- Provide routine service support to Sales Representatives in strategic district accounts to execute agreed upon customer system assurance and continuous improvement plans
- Assist Sales Representatives with plant surveys of prospective customers
- Assist Sales Representatives with start-ups of new applications for both existing customers and new accounts
- Develop strong relationships with the key stakeholders in the strategic district accounts where you provide service support to other District Sales Representatives
- Provide technical support to customers by identifying and resolving customer challenges, and escalating as required
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels
- Actively support Nalco innovations and technology in the strategic district accounts where you provide service support to other District Sales Representatives
- Perform maintenance and repairs on equipment for other District Sales Representatives
- Travel within assigned sales territory
- Technical degree or High School diploma/GED equivalent with industry experience
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Possess a valid Driver's License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial) or Life Sciences
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems OR paper machine operations, wet end chemistry, and pulp mill operations
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With 2016 sales of $13 billion and 48,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world. For more Ecolab news and information, visit here.