Farmington Municipal Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified K ESP
at Farmington Municipal Schools
Position: Elementary Teacher
General Job Description: The Elementary teacher will provide guidance and instructional experiences that are academically and developmentally appropriate for each student assigned to that classroom. The teacher will be responsible for the New Mexico Teacher Competencies and Indicators based on their Level of licensure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate accurately and effectively in the content area and maintain a professional rapport with students.
- Utilize a variety of teaching methods and resources for each area taught.
- Utilize student assessment techniques and procedures.
- Obtain feedback from and communicate with students in a manner that enhances student learning and understanding.
- Comprehends the principles of student growth, development and learning, and applies them appropriately.
- Manage the classroom t o ensure the best use of instructional time and promote positive student behavior in a safe and healthy environment.
- Recognizes student diversity and creates an atmosphere conducive to the promotion of student involvement and self-concept.
- Demonstrate a willingness to examine and implement change, as appropriate.
- Work productively with colleagues, parents, and community members.
- Follow board policies and administrative rules and regulations.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare for instruction and show written evidence of preparation
- Communicate accurate and up-to-date information to students in a way that enhances student learning, and includes demonstrating effective writing skills, and use of standard English
- Manage time appropriately
- Cooperate with administration, parents, and co-workers
- Create a positive atmosphere and arrange the physical environment of the classroom for optimum learning
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by the school district
- Report progress or lack thereof to parents in a timely manner
- Attend and participate in faculty and committee meetings
- Complete duties (hall, bus, etc.) as assigned
- Leave adequate preparations for a substitute
- Take precautions to protect equipment, materials, and facilities
- Develop and implement appropriate classroom management strategies while maintaining high expectations for student behavior
- Encourage cooperation between students
- Maintain student involvement in appropriate tasks
- Participate in school teams/committees
- Support district initiatives
- Demonstrate public relations skills
- Use appropriate techniques, strategies, and materials to achieve the desired instructional goal
- Use and apply appropriate conflict resolution skills
- Adapt the curriculum to meet the needs of individual students
- Use current technology for instruction and management purposes
- Use diagnostic data to improve instructional programs
- Be available to parents, students, administration and peers outside the school day, if needed
- Attend extra curricular activities
- Report suspected child abuse and neglect
- Be responsible for students on filed trips
- Act as a good role model within the context of the school
- Supervise educational assistants, practicum students, student teachers and high school vocational lab students
- Follow district and school procedures
- Accept other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the principal
Qualifications: A BA degree, valid New Mexico teaching license with endorsements as needed. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Physical Requirements: Ability to perform the job and access the environment for which you are hired. The following may be required: Sitting, standing, lifting, moving about the room or school, carrying (up to 50 pounds), reaching, squatting, kneeling, prolonged typing, physical ability to type on a keyboard terminal, and moving light furniture.
Equipment/Technology Handled: Must know how to properly operate or be willing to learn to operate all multimedia equipment including current technology.
Work Environment: Must be able to work within various degrees of noise, temperature, and air quality. Interruptions of work are routine. Flexibility and patience are required. Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignment without direct supervision. After hour work may be required.
Terms of Employment: Salary and work calendar established yearly by the district.
Job Contact Information
Monday, June 10, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)