Farmington Municipal Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Classified Educational Assistant SPED NEE
at Farmington Municipal Schools
Position: Educational/Instructional Assistant, Classified
General Job Description:
To provide opportunities for the teacher to attend to the individual needs of students in the class. To provide assistance in preparing our students academically and socially for school success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists licensed personnel in school environment.
- Provides assistance with individual program materials.
- Assists licensed personnel with student discipline.
- Assists in maintaining student involvement in appropriate tasks.
- Assists with supplementary work for students & supervise independent study in school environment.
- Respond to students as individuals.
- Helps maintain cohesiveness in school environment
- Displays a desire to work with students.
- Serves as a role model.
- Works as a member of a team.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Uses current technology for instruction and management needs.
- Must be fluent in Spanish.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work under supervision of certified teacher(s) and principal.
- Assist in the preparation for program and classroom activities.
- Work with small groups of students to reinforce material initially introduced by the teacher.
- Assist individual children in need of special attention.
- Assist with classroom instruction.
- Assist in the implementation of program goals and objectives.
- Be familiar with the teacher’s lesson plans and assist teachers in reinforcing teacher-planned lessons for the students.
- Assist with testing as needed.
- Do bridging activities in classrooms.
- Be generally familiar with textbooks and course content
- Have knowledge of the home language of the students
- Follow district and school procedures
- Accept other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the principal
Qualifications: High School diploma or GED. AA degree, 45 college hours which include the necessary educational courses, or passing the ParaEducator exam
Possess a Level III New Mexico Educational Assistant license and a Substitute license and any other qualifications as the Board deems appropriate
Physical Requirements: Ability to perform the job and access the environment for which you are hired. The following may be required: Sitting, standing, lifting, moving about the room or school, carrying (up to 50 pounds), reaching, squatting, kneeling, prolonged typing, physical ability to type on a keyboard terminal, and moving light furniture.
Equipment/Technology Handled: Computer and copy machine skills.
Work Environment: : Must be able to work within various degrees of noise, temperature, and air quality. Interruptions of work are routine. Flexibility and patience are required. Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignment without direct supervision. After hour work may be required.
Terms of Employment: Salary and work calendar established yearly by school board.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, August 8, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)