Farmington Municipal Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
E Sport Sponsor PVHS
at Farmington Municipal Schools
Position: Head Varsity Coach
Supervisor: Director of Athletics and Activities
General Job Description: The Head Varsity Coach will supervise practice, contests, travel, equipment and other requirements related to the sport they are coaching. They are to ensure student safety and eligibility for participating in the sport.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an accurate and updated list of supplies and equipment. Submit a copy of the season wrap-up form to the Athletic Director within two (2) weeks of the last contest; include major equipment/uniform needs
- Check in equipment at the end of the season. Charge students for lost equipment. Store and secure uniforms, equipment, and supplies within two (2) weeks of the last contest.
- Ensure that each participant has a physical examination form turned in to the office prior to participating in practice. Collect the insurance forms and training rules before the first practice.
- Submit copy of policies to the Athletic Director
- Organize, conduct, and supervise practices throughout the season. Notify Athletic Office of practice schedules and changes in practice schedules. Clear athletes from the gymnasium, locker room, and weight room before leaving the building. See that participants do not loiter around the building or in the halls immediately after practice
- Supervise students during practices and games inclusive of locker room, gymnasium and gym lobby
- Ride the bus to and from all contests
- Require that participants maintain acceptable standards of behavior and decorum
- Provide team and player publicity to local media
- Attend end-of-season awards banquet and present season awards
- Establish written expectations for assistants. Provide a copy of these expectations to the coaching staff and administrators
- Develop comprehensive programs for the off season
- Check eligibility each grading period. Discrepancies are resolved through the Athletic Director
- Provide all necessary information on time to appropriate offices (i.e., excused absence list prior to departure)
- Accept other responsibilities and duties as deemed necessary by supervisor
Qualifications: Appropriate National and/or State Coaching Certifications.
Physical Requirements: Sitting, standing, lifting and carrying (up to 50 pounds), reaching, squatting, kneeling, prolonged typing, physical ability to type on a keyboard terminal, and moving equipment may be required.
Equipment/Technology Handled: Must know how to properly operate or be willing to learn to operate equipment related to the sport, computer and other equipment as needed.
Work Environment: Must be able to work within various degrees of noise, temperature, and air quality. Interruptions of work are routine. Flexibility and patience are required. Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignment without direct supervision. After hour work may be required.
Terms of Employment: Salary and work calendar established yearly by the district.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, September 25, 2019 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)