Fresquez Concessions Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cook - Village Inn
at Fresquez Concessions Inc.
Do you love to cook and want to share your talent?
Village Inn is customer-focused and our Cooks play a critical role. As a cook it is your responsibility to make sure our food is enticing, delicious and ensuring our guests are delighted in their culinary experience. Whether they are celebrating a birthday, Mother’s Day, Balloon Fiesta, or purely seeking a great meal we want you to show them what we’re made of! We want to guarantee consistency, utmost quality, taste, and ensure our guests are delighted in their visit and leave wanting more. Village Inn has the Best Pie in America!
What’s in it for you:
- $200 sign on bonus*
- Tuition assistance*
- Full time and part time opportunities
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for advancement
- Food discounts
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance offered at 30 hours
- 401(k) with company match
The Cook is responsible for ensuring our food is prepared to exact specifications stated and quality expected for safe serving, complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to set up, preparation of food, cooking, clean up, equipment monitoring, sanitation, and ensuring appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly prioritize tasks.
- Food safety driven and food service experience.
- Responsible for prepping ingredients and assembling dishes according to restaurant recipes and specifications.
- Maintain sanitation, health and safety standards in all work areas including ability to check and complete daily temperature logs.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers and/or griddles, slicer, etc. with the ability to use simultaneously at times.
- Prepare and serve beverages.
- Read food order slips and/or screens or receive verbal instructions to cook to specifications.
- Verify prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Clean, stock and restock workstations, display cases, etc.
- Order and take delivery of product, as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
Organization, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Verbal Communication, Ethical Conduct, High Integrity, Personal Responsibility and Initiative, Technical/Mechanical Ability, Safety Conscious, Cleanliness.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of company and FDA standards, processes and procedures.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Team Player - Ability to act in a collaborative manner which contributes to creating an environment of respect and professionalism displayed at all times toward management, co-workers, guests, and vendors.
- Effective organizational and time management skills; able to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and to be flexible and adept at varying and changing demands.
- Able to work at a fast pace in an effective manner.
- Effective interpersonal communication and interpersonal skills with co-workers including other cooks, servers, and management.
- Food handler permit required upon hire.
Fresquez, Inc., Fresquez Concessions, Inc., NM Restaurant Investors Inc. DBA Village Inn, LF Operations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. The policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.