General Dynamics Information Technology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Action Officer, Intermediate - Active TS/SCI
at General Dynamics Information Technology
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Function
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance **
Provides military subject matter expertise to assigned programs.
The Action Officer provides Director's Action Group (DAG) support in accordance with established organization/office policies; regulations; and procedures. The Action Officer directs and oversees the receipt; tasking; tracking and closure of all internal and external tasks. The Action Officer manages the action tracking system. The Action Officer establishes and maintains effective working relationships with customers and other stakeholders of the offices both internally and externally.
- Perform and maintain DAG support functions to include recognition programs; training; security
- Manage agency Tracking Information and Enterprise Response (TIER) actions for supported office
- Analyze and assign or perform actions as appropriate
- Coordinate responses and assess for accuracy prior to senior management review
- Manage and execute the action tracking process; develop standard operating procedures and serve as facilitator for user requirements
- Monitor progress on actions; generate metrics to demonstrate accountability for meeting deadlines and quality expectations; prepare periodic reports on action status and keep leadership aware of late; pending and new actions
- Disseminate policy and legislative changes to appropriate parties internal to the agency
- Draft; proofread; edit and provide final review of internal and external correspondence
- Develop and maintain presentations for audiences up to the agency level; maintain a quality control process for all presentations
- Participate in DAG-related meetings
- Participate in internal committees; Integrated Process Teams (IPT); working groups and task forces
- Manage records generated during the execution of the Directorates' projects and programs in accordance with Federal laws and regulations; as well as agency Directives and Instructions.
- Provides advanced analytical and technical support to projects involving training, tactical/operational documentation, military systems design or other efforts requiring military operations expertise.
Researches, identifies, and makes recommendations about resources required for task execution and completion
Gathers, processes, and analyzes operational data
Assists with the testing and development of new systems or updates to existing systems to meet client needs.
Identifies and recommends emergent relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes.
Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures, presentations, and training materials.
Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
Participates in special projects as required.
This role is not yet funded
Bachelor's degree in technical or Business related discipline
8-10 years of related experience supporting military operations.
- Knowledge of federal acquisition requirements; Department of Defense (DoD)/Intelligence Community (IC) budget & finance; and National Security policy
- Knowledge of systems engineering; project or program management
- Ability to understand and write in systems engineering technical language
- Knowledge of IC/DoD organizational structure; mission; vision; culture; values;
- In-depth philosophy and operating principles
- Experience working with senior executives at multiple organizational levels
- Knowledge and understanding of DoD/IC issues; policies; programs and procedures affecting the agency and its mission
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and standard computer applications
- Skill to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment while maintaining flexibility and versatility
- Ability to foster solid relationships that promote cooperation and communicate expectations
- Ability to analyze situations and make well informed decision
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience
- Strong interpersonal skills
Benefits of this Position:
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Onsite Gym – get your workout in before work, during your lunch break, or at the end of the day
- Professional Development Assistance – Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement – toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match – with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics Information Technology solves our customers’ challenges through future-focused technology and services, ingenuity and deep mission-knowledge. Partnering with government, defense, the intelligence community, industry leaders and cutting-edge technology companies, we deliver solutions that make a difference – helping our customers to advance mission performance, transform operations and discover opportunities to build a better future.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.