General Dynamics Mission Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Software Test Engineer - Albuquerque, NM
at General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Job ID
- Number of Positions
- Job Function
- Science and Engineering
- Security Clearance Level
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
Here’s an opportunity to work for the US Air Force’s most storied and advanced Distributed Training operation. Winner of numerous US Air Force and US Department of Defense training awards over the last 18 years, the Distributed Mission Operations Center (DMOC) at Kirtland AFB, NM is the Air Force’s primary hub for distributed combat training exercises, testing and experimentation. Through the DMOC, warfighters at locations around the globe face realistic environments to practice tactics and procedures in highly-realist training environments. The DMOC architecture integrates synthetic (virtual and/or constructive) simulations across various networks to support a battlespace that accurately models adversary and friendly weapons and weapons systems, focusing on Command, Control, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems. Integrating live, virtual and constructive (LVC) elements, the DMOC paves the way to bridge the gap for fifth generation training in air, space, and cyber domains. This is your chance to influence an industry leader as the DMOC moves to the next level of exceptional training capabilities.
We are looking for innovative and forward-thinking software test engineers to help us create a state-of-the-art battlespace and the testing and tools to manage it. The DMOC is on the verge of moving the Air Force to the next level of advanced distributed training, and the skills we’re searching for may include:
- Software testing of developed software in both Windows and Linux environments
- Experience working in an agile, collaborative software development team
- Familiarity with acceptance testing, regression testing and automatic testing and tools
Design and develop tests and test requirements for systems, software and/or related components and equipment.
- Troubleshoot problems/test anomalies and document findings.
- Work closely with software developers to rectify findings.
- Work with DMOC partners to execute acceptance tests and document findings.
- Define testing processes and ensure tests adhere to established standards.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced test engineers.
- May participate in code review of software products depending on candidate skillset.
- May participate in the design and coding of software products depending on candidate skillset.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Participate in quality assurance plan development.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- 5-8 years of related experience in testing, engineering or quality assurance.
- Secret Clearance required
- IA baseline certification in accordance with DoD 8140
- Knowledge of C++, C#, Visual Basic required, Java and Python desired
- Familiarity with multi-platform development in Linux and Windows preferred
- Familiarity with code revision repositories such as git, mercurial, or subversion
- Live, Virtual and Constructive (LVC)/ Distributed Mission Operations (DMO) experience highly desired
- Knowledge base in Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS) Protocol Data Unit (PDU) and tactical datalink message manipulation highly desired
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.