General Dynamics Mission Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Administrator Assoc - TS/SCI with polygraph
at General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Job ID
- Number of Positions
- Job Function
- Information Technology
- Security Clearance Level
- Top Secret/SCI
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
- Understand all the different systems that are monitored in the help desk and the Tier level responsibilities for the systems.
- Provide IT Service Management functions and first level troubleshooting to all customers.
- Use procedures to perform identification, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of failures and restore system capability to operations.
- Analyze, diagnose, and isolate failures to hardware.
- Directly replace or coordinate replacement of hardware failures.
- Collect data for proper escalation and resolution by Tier 2/3.
- Perform network management services to include: monitoring network device health and status, monitoring network performance and utilization optimization.
- Perform OS monitoring, Commercial of the Shelf (COTS) software monitoring, custom software monitoring, resource memory allocation, etc.
- Perform modifications to authorized user lists, user profiles, and file system maintenance.
- Understand all ITSM processes and document work accurately and effectively through the use of a ticketing system.
- Perform visual inspections of hardware and document/report all findings.
- Understand the Program Service Level Agreements (SLA) to ensure proper completion of work within timelines.
- Manage account requests and provide account management responsibilities for personnel on numerous systems.
- Know all functional leads and technicians for all the managed systems by the program.
- Understand local site command and hierarchy.
- Know POC’s for systems that the Program does not have responsibility for.
- Interface with customers and government officials.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
0-2 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- UNIX/LINUX System Administration - Preferred
- Windows System Administration - Preferred
- Shift work (Panama Schedule - 12 hours/day for a total of 7 days over 2 week period)
Must possess an appropriate and current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE Certification is the preferred certification. In addition, candidate must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Training within six (6) months of Hire Date.
As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client all candidates must hold a TS/SCI with Polygraph.
Shift work is on a rotating Panama Schedule.
Schedule 1 Schedule 2
Work - Mon, Tues Off - Mon, Tue
Off - Wed, Thur Work - Wed, Thu
Work - Fri, Sat, Sun Off - Fri, Sat, Sun
Off - Mon, Tue Work - Mon, Tues
Work - Wed, Thu Off - Wed, Thur
Off - Fri, Sat, Sun Work - Fri, Sat, Sun
Shifts are 6 AM to 6 PM, 6 PM to 6 AM
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.