Gila Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Gila Regional Medical Center
8500 DISCHARGE PLANNING
The Case Management Registered Nurse who functions within accepted boundaries of nursing practice as defined by the New Mexico Nurse Practice Act and licensing requirements, Gila Regional Medical Center (GRMC) policies and procedures. She/he is responsible for assessing patient acuity status through concurrent review utilizing accepted criteria and collaborates with the medical and nursing staff to assure that patients are receiving services at the appropriate level of care within the institution. She/he is also responsible for recommending and/or facilitating the discharge planning process with patients, nursing, families, practitioners and outside agencies to assure that patient specific services are available. She/he communicates on a routine basis with various payors regarding the concurrent review status and discharge planning needs of affected patients within the institution. She/he completes appropriate documentation both internal and external necessary to document concurrent review and discharge planning activities. She/he takes into consideration the age of the patient at all times in assessing, planning and implementing patient care.
- Current New Mexico or Multi-State RN Licensure
- AHA – BLS
- Five years experience as RN preferred
- Prior experience in Case Management/Utilization Review preferred.
- Certification on Case Management preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served within the Medical –Surgical Units.
- Demonstrated proficiency in acute care nursing knowledge and skills.