Gila Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Staff Coordinator
at Gila Regional Medical Center
9230 MEDICAL STAFF SERVICES
Job Summary: This position provides highly skilled coordination and maintenance of provider credentialing (hospital and payor) and privileging. Coordinates administrative and clerical duties, including but not limited to data entry and maintenance of the provider database, correspondence, OPPE, FPPE, Call Schedule, and support via liaison representation to committees, medical staff Departments, physicians, and other hospital personnel under moderate supervision, and other duties in support of the Medical Staff Services department as needed.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Two years of college education is preferred.
- National Certification as a Medical Staff Services Professional is preferred. Knowledge of medical staff computer software programs is desirable. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
- Must obtain NAMSS CPCS certification within three years of hire.
- Must possess strong knowledge of executive medical office administration as normally obtained through 1-2 years experience in a healthcare, paralegal, managed care or credentialing.
- Requires knowledge of medical terminology and professional physician interface.
- Requires experience interacting with physicians in highly sensitive situations.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires astute judgment in human relations skills to interface and communicate in an articulate manner with medical staff, administrators, legal counsel and hospital personnel.
- Requires the ability to work with common office software and equipment.
Note: Job description available upon request.
**All required documents must be presented at time of hire.**
EXTERNAL APPLICANT: Employment is contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
GRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer