Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AutoCAD Detailer Trainee in Albuquerque, NM at Harris Rebar
at Harris Rebar
Detail simple projects with supervision and provide concise, accurate and complete descriptions of all reinforcing steel, bar supports, mesh wire and related products for fabrication, delivery, installation and invoicing in the most efficient manner possible. Cultivate a customer service relationship while maximizing profits for Harris Rebar.
• Must adhere to Harris Rebar’s safety programs and standards.
• Demonstrate conduct consistent with Harris Rebar’s vision and values.
• Develop working knowledge of AutoCAD and the basics of Harris Rebar’s detailing system (RebarCAD).
• Develop basic knowledge of reinforcing bar industry including reference material (i.e. CRSI and ACI).
• Review and verify date of contract documents (plans, addenda and specs) received and compare against the date on proposal/estimate.
• Detail simple projects with little or no assistance (i.e. simple foundations, walls, footings, piers, slabs, stairs, retaining walls and other products as required).
• Submit placing drawings for approval and make sure they conform to ACI 318, CRSI, or RSIC, the Branch quality assurance and the placer/shop requirements.
• Process change orders to maximize all possible returns for the Branch.
• Maintain all deliveries for fabrication.
• Communicate with customer, placer and Architect/Engineer on all questions relating to project; submit Requests for Information (RFI) as required.
• Work with Detailing Manager to ensure that all specialty items are pre-ordered to maintain construction schedules.
• Under the direction of management, be involved in all construction conflicts/disputes (whether contractor, placer, detailer or shop), and help with a resolution that is a time and cost effective solution.
• Participate in weekly meetings to discuss safety, innovative ideas, workloads, availability, issues and problems of the week for all to learn and share.
• Compare the progression of project detailed weight against contract weight.
• Identify and develop information required to inform customer of any changes (time and/or material) to the contract, including the completion of the change order form.
• Review all claims of shortages or errors.
• Ensure proper coding of all bar lists.
• Follow one or more projects from estimate though detailing and fabrication to installation at the job site.
• Perform other duties as required by your supervisor.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
• Vocational certificate (or are currently enrolled) in CAD design/drafting or related degree issued from an accredited school or college
• At least six months experience using AutoCAD and Windows based software
• Able to read architectural/engineering blueprints
• Two year technical degree from an accredited school or college
• Construction and concrete related knowledge and experience
• Basic knowledge of civil technology
• Construction Project Management experience
• Demonstrated experience in installation/placing reinforcing steel
• Demonstrated experience in fabrication of reinforcing steel
• Ability to work as a team member on projects with an aptitude for problem solving
• Organized and detail oriented
• Able to manage time effectively and prioritize responsibilities
• Effective communication skills
• Must be able to work overtime when required
• May be asked to complete approximately two hours of assessments as part of the hiring process
• Typical office activities
• Walking, sitting, standing, bending
• Using hands to operate objects, tools, computers and other electronic equipment
• Lifting/handling computers and related equipment
• Vision abilities including close vision and adjusting focus
• Moderate noise level
You may be asked to complete approximately two hours of assessments as part of the hiring process.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, Harris Rebar offers the following benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Short-Term Disability; Long-Term Disability; Life Insurance; Vacation Days; Holidays; 401K; Nucor stock purchase program; and a Tuition Scholarship Program for dependents of employees.
Harris Rebar is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. Individuals who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as Amended, may be eligible for a reasonable accommodation in Harris Rebar’s selection process. A request for an accommodation will not affect your opportunity for employment with Harris Rebar. If you require an accommodation in completing our application, please notify the HR Department (508-377-1135.) Harris Rebar seeks to hire the most qualified applicant for each position.
Harris Rebar is an AA/EEO Employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled, and a drug-free workplace.