Haywood Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Stroke Coordinator (RN) - Quality in Las Cruces, NM at Memorial Medical Center
at Haywood Regional Medical Center
Job DescriptionMemorial Medical Center
Collaborates with the physician and healthcare team in thedelivery of patient care, utilizing the nursing process; provides professionalnursing care to patients, including conducting nursing assessments, assistingwith exams and treatment, patient education, and maintenance of medicalrecords.
- Analyzes patient records, program files, reports and other stroke related data to ensure approval standards by the TJC and NM ReTRAC. Creates charts or graphs and analyzes statistics and presents stroke data at the Stroke Committee, as well as, other committees and meetings. Chairs the hospital Stroke Committee.
- Prepares stroke incidence reports and analyzes statistical data of the stroke program activities for audit review, administrative review, and physician review.
- Abstracts and analyzing medical records. Analyzes medical records of re-admitted patients for current follow-up and/or secondary treatment.
- Coordinates and facilitates stroke educational activities as required for physicians, staff, patients and the community.
- Works with hospital stroke medical director and/or other hospital department directors and managers to identify stroke program needs through compilation of stroke data.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Medical Center policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.