City of Hobbs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CORE Lifeguard (Part Time)
at City of Hobbs
Responsible for ensuring the safety of the facility patrons by preventing and responding to emergencies.
- Essential Duties
- Regular attendance is required to perform the duties of this position.
- Recognizes and responds effectively to all emergencies.
- Enforces all aquatic facility policies, rules and regulations.
- Attends and participates in in-service training.
- Monitors the use of the aquatic facilities.
- Performs various miscellaneous duties such as answering phone, assists with special events and maintains sanitary and safety standards in and around aquatic facilities.
- Responds to public inquiries about aquatic programs made in person and by telephone.
- Maintains related records for various aquatic programs.
- Assists in the maintenance of the swimming pool.
- Tests of water samples.
- Attends staff meeting and trainings as scheduled.
- Adheres to assigned work schedule and implements the CORE mission and philosophy.
- Immediately reports suspicious or inappropriate behaviors or abuse.
- Minimum Qualifications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from high school or high school equivalency (HSE) preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Applicant must be dependable.
- Applicant must be available to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere as well as independently and perform assigned duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to operate various hand tools used for pool operation and maintenance and pool water testing equipment, first aid and life safety equipment.
- Skill in American Red Cross Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR/AED.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other agencies, participants, instructors and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; ability to give and understand oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively enforce safety and health regulations relating to an aquatics program.
- Must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to deal with people under stressful and demanding situations.
- Ability and willingness to learn additional job duties.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Valid state issued driver's license preferred
- Infant/Child and Adult CPR/AED/First Aid Certification required.
- Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate controls and reach with upper and lower body and hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, lightly jog, balance, stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud in parts of the facility.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals.