City of Hobbs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Golf Shop Clerk
at City of Hobbs
Responsible to continually monitor, implement and adhere to all company goals, policies, procedures and controls. Check in of golfers and maintain a properly functioning tee sheet and pace of play. Assist with receiving merchandise and adhere to purchase order procedures. Assist with the rotation of shop displays. Maintain a functional stock room and assist the buyer and other shop assistants with stock and golf shop cleanliness. Assist with pricing of merchandise. Assist with maintaining proper inventory counts and levels. Perform other duties as requested by the General Manager.
- Essential Duties
- Greet guests, check in and monitor play in tournament and regular tee time operations. Assist with receiving inventory and display of merchandise for golf shop. Assist other staff with shop cleanliness.
- Empowered to administer to, and, be responsible for all golf shop counter activities relative to his/her shift including daily banks, cash register transactions, player counts, cash control, sales report, group ring ins, credit card reconciliation, Marshall/Starter communications, accident/incident reporting, merchandise restocking/reordering, special orders, pace of play reporting, shop cleanliness, group event procedures and guest complaints.
- Cooperate in performing other duties deemed reasonable and necessary by the management. Provide service in any and every way. Go the extra mile to provide the standard of service our guests expect.
- Minimum Qualifications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Some experience in the golf industry or playing golf is required. Experience with POS systems preferred. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal and sales skills,.
- Excellent oral and written skills and telephone etiquette skills.
- Ability to handle money transactions accurately.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, flexible, patient, and ability to multi-task.
- Valid state issued driver's license.
- Physical Demands & Work Environment
Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. to waist height. Some repetitive motion
required including computer entry. Frequent bending, turning, kneeling and
stooping. Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods. Normal vision
and hearing ranges required. Regular attendance and overtime required for
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.