Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2860 - Fingerprint Operator
Job Title: Fingerprint Operator
Location: United States, Shiprock, NM
Work Schedule Estimated Duration: April 2019 - October 2019
Average work schedule:
- Tuesday 9:00AM - 1:00PM and/or
- Thursday 4:00PM - 8:00PM and/or
- Saturday 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Introduction: IndraSoft is searching for reliable talented people who are energetic, organized and computer savvy, who would like to earn extra money, part-time on the side. If you have availability to work flexible hours and enjoy meeting people, IndraSoft’s Fingerprinting Operator position could be a great fit for you.
The selected candidates will have an important role in helping the United Census Bureau prepare for the upcoming 2020 Decennial Census Enumeration. These Census results will provide valuable bench-mark socio-demographic information to be used government wide.
The Fingerprinting Operator will be responsible for setting core and axis fingerprint images and verifying identification through fingerprint image comparisons. He/she will perform duties related to automated and manual processing of fingerprint submissions utilizing fingerprint readers, verification on-line terminals and fingerprint input monitors.
This is an entry-level position and prior experience in the field or a related field is not required. You will receive training in taking and verifying personnel fingerprints, making comparisons of rolled inked and computer image fingerprints, use of fingerprint scanning equipment, completing fingerprinting forms and submitting reports at the end of the fingerprinting session.
**IndraSoft is looking for Fingerprinting Operators nationwide (All 50 U.S. States). Please preview all of our work sites available. This is a seasonal part-time position, please note the work schedules will vary.
Type of Employment: Part -time / On-call
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill set, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent of a high school diploma.
- The ability to complete or assist persons in scheduling appointments, addressing questions and the completion of forms, needed for fingerprinting services.
- Experience with methods and techniques of customer service and proper phone etiquette.
- Ability to visually compare fingerprints.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of electronic equipment, hardware, software, including applications and data entry.
- Flexibility to deal with changing work environment and problem solve with issues related to fingerprints and identification.
- Must be able to take and understand virtual training and seek help if candidate has questions.
- Follow oral and written instructions, gain and maintain productive working relationships.
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to obtain Census Security Clearance.
- Knowledge of Fingerprint concepts and terminology, equipment functions and terminology would be a plus.
- Be able to perform manual tasks needed for the rolling of fingerprints both scan and ink forms.
- Effective Customer Service and management skills/capabilities; including a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally (internally) and/or externally.
- Strong English language skills (both written and verbal).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take fingerprints of individuals in both digital and ink formats.
- Operate fingerprint reader/document imaging equipment to create electronic files, using provided software.
- Prepare fingerprinting documents for scanning, scan documents and verify quality of digital images.
- Responsible for setting core and axis fingerprint images and verifying identification through fingerprint image comparisons.
- Enter data into computer as appropriate.
- Perform duties related to automated or manual processing of fingerprint submissions
- Troubleshoot and adjust equipment when necessary.
- Maintain production area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned by the Supervisor.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers and respond to requests and inquiries from the public.
- Responsible for successfully completing the Onboarding Appointment of the Selectee whether by a previously scheduled appointment or walk-in.
- Accurately retrieve the correct information for documentation of the Selectees appointment for reporting purposes.
- Identify and record the types of identification used to proof Selectee’s identity accurately and in a timely manner while safeguarding the Selectee’s privacy.
- Adhere to all company and departmental employment policies regarding security and confidentiality.
- Perform administrative duties such as time keeping, shift schedules, daily activity reports, card inventory, equipment inventory, and requisitioning supplies.
- Collect two sets of ten-finger fingerprints regardless of capture process (electronic or ink).
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.
- The work requires light physical effort with frequent lifting and/or moving of materials in the 10 to 30 pounds range and occasional lifting to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity and ability to manipulate small objects. May require normal range of hearing and vision to operate machinery.
- Ability to travel within locations designated.
- General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.